Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando currently has an iconic Marilyn Monroe dress on display and will host a look-alike contest to celebrate on December 9, 2017.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! purchased the gown Marilyn Monroe wore to serenade President John F Kennedy at his birthday celebration in 1962 – they paid $4.8 million – the most anyone has for a dress being sold at auction.
On December 9, the Marilyn Monroe look-alike contest will start at 6pm with a $500 cash prize. If you’re interested in participating. visit ripleys.com/orlando for the entry form.
Following the contest, stay for a showing of Monroe’s classic film, “Some Like It Hot,” at 8pm.
The dress is on display at the Orlando Odditorium for a limited run through the holidays.
Admission to Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando is $16.99 for adults and $11.99 for kids age 3-11.
[Image courtesy Ripley’s Believe It or Not!]
- Orlando Science Center Opens Registration For Winter Break Camps - December 18, 2017
- Aloma Bowling Centers Offering Winter All Access Pass Through January 2018 - December 17, 2017
- Gaylord Palms Resort Makes “Kiss-Story” By Breaking GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS Title - December 16, 2017
- LEGOland Florida Offers VIP Experience During the Holidays - December 15, 2017
- Visit Orlando Announces Orlando’s Signature Dish - December 14, 2017
- 2017 Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Crowned by Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando - December 13, 2017
- Skydiving Santas Return to Cocoa Beach Pier December 16, 2017 - December 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Releases Details on the Disney Skyliner System Stations - December 11, 2017
- MetroWest Hosts Free WinterFest Dec 9, 2017 - December 7, 2017
- Marvel Character Dinner Coming to Universal Orlando in December 2017 - December 6, 2017