On Saturday, December 9, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando hosted a Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Contest, in conjunction with a special Monroe exhibit, and they’ve announced the winner.
Nine contestants felt they had what it took to look like Marilyn, walk like Marilyn, talk like Marilyn and sing like Marilyn.
But in the end, Bebe Caliberr was picked as most Marilyn-like. She walked away with $500 cash, lifetime passes to Ripley Entertainment attractions, $100 worth of Ripley’s merchandise and a two-night stay in Clearwater Beach.
First runner-up, Emily Gorsuch, won $100 cash and a two-night stay in Daytona Beach. Danielle DeVille was the second runner-up, winning $50 cash plus a Ripley’s merchandise basket.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! hosted the contest to correspond with the special Marilyn Monroe exhibit, which showcases the rhinestone-encrusted gown she wore to serenade President John F. Kennedy at his birthday celebration in 1962.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! set a new Guinness World Record for the most expensive dress sold at auction when they acquired the dress from Julien’s Auctions for a staggering $4.8 million.
There is still time to visit the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando Odditorium to see the iconic Marilyn Monroe dress. It will be on display at the attraction until the beginning of January, and the exhibit is included with regular admission..
Ripley’s is located at 8201 International Drive. Hours are 9am until midnight every day. Admission to Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando is $19.99 for adults and $13.99 for kids age 3-11.
But Ripley’s Florida attractions, including Orlando, are offering half price tickets for Florida residents now through December 20. Residents will need to show a local photo ID in order to receive the discount. All adults in the party will need to have proof of residency in order to receive the discount.
For more information visit: ripleys.com/orlando.
[Photo courtesy Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando]
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- Out and About: Otronicon 2018 at the Orlando Science Center Proves STEM is Fun - January 16, 2018
- BIG Something to Play The Social in Orlando on January 17, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT® Returns to Amway Center with Action-Packed Card February 24, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Teams for the Pro Bowl Game in Orlando January 28, 2018 #ProBowlOrlando #ThisIsOrlando - January 14, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Returns Rescued Manatees to Natural Habitat this Week - January 13, 2018
- UCF School of Performing Arts Releases List of Jan-April 2018 Events #artsatUCF - January 12, 2018
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium Host Florida Birds of Prey Weekend Jan 13-15, 2018 - January 11, 2018