Healthy eating on the east side of Orlando just got easier as Fresh Kitchen opens in Waterford Lakes Town Center this weekend.
Fresh Kitchen offers a streamlined menu of gluten-free items offered in a customizable bowl format. Dairy-free and even vegan combinations are possible.
Diners choose from Six bowl (two bases, two proteins, and two vegetables along with a sauce for $9.99); Four bowl (two bases with one protein, vegetable and sauce for $8.29); and a Kids bowl (one base, protein, vegetable and sauce for $6.99).
For my Six bowl, I chose coconut ginger rice and perfect spice rice as my bases. For the proteins, I chose the baked almond chicken and the chia seed teriyaki tofu (but I kept picking the herb-grilled steak off my friend’s bowl). Finally for the veggies, I chose the parmesean broccoli and the buffalo cauliflower, and I added on a scoop of their bean & corn salsa for an additional 50 cents.
Sauces are served in a container on the side, so you can add as little or much as you like. My favorites are the cucumber jalapeno and the creamy white ginger, but my bowl ingredients had so much flavor, I needed very little sauce.
The drink options are healthy too, ranging from teas and juices to cow-free milk options and fountain soda with real sugar instead of HFCS. For my meal, I chose the Cucumber Lemon Ginger Fresca (Cucumber, lemon, ginger fresca, lightly sweetened with sugar in the raw) and it was so refreshing with my bowl choices.
I really enjoyed the food. Everything I tasted had a good flavor, but not too strong, and I liked that I could customize it to my tastes. Two thumbs up and a happy tummy for Fresh Kitchen!
The Tampa-based brand started in 2014 and this marks its first Orlando area location, but they’re already planning for more. Another location will open in SoDo sometime in 2018.
Fresh Kitchen is located at the Waterford Lakes Town Center (near Best Buy). Visit them online at eatfreshkitchen.com and tag your bowl photos with #giveafk.
- Orlando Science Center Opens Registration For Winter Break Camps - December 18, 2017
- Aloma Bowling Centers Offering Winter All Access Pass Through January 2018 - December 17, 2017
- Gaylord Palms Resort Makes “Kiss-Story” By Breaking GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS Title - December 16, 2017
- LEGOland Florida Offers VIP Experience During the Holidays - December 15, 2017
- Visit Orlando Announces Orlando’s Signature Dish - December 14, 2017
- 2017 Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Crowned by Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando - December 13, 2017
- Skydiving Santas Return to Cocoa Beach Pier December 16, 2017 - December 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Releases Details on the Disney Skyliner System Stations - December 11, 2017
- MetroWest Hosts Free WinterFest Dec 9, 2017 - December 7, 2017
- Marvel Character Dinner Coming to Universal Orlando in December 2017 - December 6, 2017