Last night Hurricane Irma decided to take a detour and come right over the Orlando area. Thankfully, most of the theme parks are reporting minor damage and debris, and are working hard to get back to business as usual.
Here are the current projected openings for the major area theme parks post-Irma:
Walt Disney World
Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Are open regular park hours
Epcot: Open regular park hours but Friendship boats in World Showcase are not running until further notice.
Magic Kingdom: Open regular park hours but Jungle Cruise closed until further notice.
Disney’s Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon water parks: Will open Saturday, September 16.
Disney Springs: Open regular hours.
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campgrounds: Will remain closed until further notice. The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ are cancelled through Tuesday, September 19 with existing reservations being refunded.
Visit disneyworld.com for more information.
All Universal Orlando parks and CityWalk: Open regular hours.
Halloween Horror Nights 27 to start as scheduled this Friday, September 15.
Visit UniversalOrlando.com for more information.
SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica: Open regular park hours.
Discovery Cove: Scheduled to open Friday, September 15.
Visit SeaWorld.com/Orlando for more information.
LEGOLAND Florida theme park: Open regular park hours.
LEGOLAND Florida water park: Scheduled to open Saturday, Sept. 16 from 11am to 5pm.
LEGOLAND Hotel and LEGOLAND Beach Retreat: Open to guests
Visit LEGOLANDFlorida.com for more information.
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Busch Gardens: Open for regular park hours.
Adventure Island: Scheduled to open regular park hours on Saturday, September 16.
Visit BuschGardens.com/Tampa for more information.
Other Area Attractions:
- Andretti Indoor Karting & Games: Opens on Thursday, Sept. 28.
- Coca Cola Orlando Eye: Closed until further notice.
- Crayola Experience: Open.
- Fun Spot, Kissimmee and Orlando locations: Open.
- Gatorland: Open
- I-Drive NASCAR: Open.
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament: Open.
- Orlando Science Center: Open.
- Pointe Orlando: Open
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Orlando: Open.
- SeaLife Orlando/Madame Tussauds Orlando: Open.
- WonderWorks: Open.
- Out and About: Eating All the Burgers at the #OrlandoBurgerBattle at Ace Cafe Orlando - September 25, 2017
- Artlando Takes Over Loch Haven Park in Orlando Sept 30 - September 24, 2017
- Meet Stars of Sci-Fi/Horror/Comics at MegaCon Tampa Bay Sept 29-Oct 1 - September 23, 2017
- $10 Day Returns To Orlando Science Center On Sept 24, 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Disney to Live Stream Mickey’s Boo To You Parade from Magic Kingdom Sept 22 - September 21, 2017
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Month to Oct 12 Due to Hurricane Irma - September 20, 2017
- Willie Nelson and Family to Play Dr Phillips Center October 15, 2017 - September 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Presents Spooky Day in the Parks Sept 22-24, 2017 - September 17, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Extreme Sept 21, 2017 - September 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Offering BOGO Tickets Through September 17, 2017 - September 13, 2017