Universal Orlando has announced it will be closing the Terminator 2 3D attraction on October 8, to make way for a future attraction.
The attraction opened in the Hollywood area of Universal Studios Florida on April 27, 1996, and featured a 3D sequel to the film Terminator 2: Judgment Day directed by James Cameron.
It also featured the main cast from the movie, including Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator, Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor, Edward Furlong as John Connor, and Robert Patrick as the T-1000.
The main part of the show was unique in that it featured live actors interacting with the 3D film.
Universal Orlando says it is closing Terminator 2 3D to make way for an all-new live action experience based on a high-energy Universal franchise. It is scheduled open in 2019. No further details have been given.
In the meantime, you have until October 8 to enjoy the attraction one last time. Are you sad it’s closing?
- Aloma Bowling Centers Offering Winter All Access Pass Through January 2018 - December 17, 2017
- Gaylord Palms Resort Makes “Kiss-Story” By Breaking GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS Title - December 16, 2017
- LEGOland Florida Offers VIP Experience During the Holidays - December 15, 2017
- Visit Orlando Announces Orlando’s Signature Dish - December 14, 2017
- 2017 Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Crowned by Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando - December 13, 2017
- Skydiving Santas Return to Cocoa Beach Pier December 16, 2017 - December 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Releases Details on the Disney Skyliner System Stations - December 11, 2017
- MetroWest Hosts Free WinterFest Dec 9, 2017 - December 7, 2017
- Marvel Character Dinner Coming to Universal Orlando in December 2017 - December 6, 2017
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Orlando Hosts Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Contest Dec 9, 2017 - December 5, 2017