Marlow’s Tavern has great food, and recently CSO was invited to the Winter Park location to taste three new desserts that have just hit the menu.
It’s a rough life, I know. But trust me, these sweet treats will be worth saving some room for.
For the chocoholic, we recommend the Pot de Creme Chocolate Pudding. House-made rich chocolate pudding that is so much more than than, served in a mini-cast iron pan, and topped with chocolate sauce, salted caramel whipped cream, and a shortbreak cookie for texture.
Not into chocolate? Then you’ll love the Creme Brulee. This classic dessert features Madagascar vanilla beans (you can even see it in the creme) and a perfect glass sugar crust. I practically licked the ramekin.
But if you want a dessert worth sharing, the Fried Banana Split is the one. This riff on the dish we knew from childhood features the banana slices wrapped in phyllo dough, dipped in panko crumbs, and deep fried. The fried bananas are then topped with two scoops of vanilla ice cream drizzled in chocolate, strawberry and caramel sauces, and salted caramel whipped cream.
You know you want some, so visit your local Marlow’s Tavern to enjoy one…or all three! In Central Florida you’ll find locations at Pointe Orlando, Lee Vista, Waterford Lakes, and Winter Park. For more information, visit marlowstavern.com.
Disclaimer: CitySurfing Orlando received the desserts for purposes of review. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- Out and About: Eating All the Burgers at the #OrlandoBurgerBattle at Ace Cafe Orlando - September 25, 2017
- Artlando Takes Over Loch Haven Park in Orlando Sept 30 - September 24, 2017
- Meet Stars of Sci-Fi/Horror/Comics at MegaCon Tampa Bay Sept 29-Oct 1 - September 23, 2017
- $10 Day Returns To Orlando Science Center On Sept 24, 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Disney to Live Stream Mickey’s Boo To You Parade from Magic Kingdom Sept 22 - September 21, 2017
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Month to Oct 12 Due to Hurricane Irma - September 20, 2017
- Willie Nelson and Family to Play Dr Phillips Center October 15, 2017 - September 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Presents Spooky Day in the Parks Sept 22-24, 2017 - September 17, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Extreme Sept 21, 2017 - September 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Offering BOGO Tickets Through September 17, 2017 - September 13, 2017