LEGOLAND Florida Resort, in conjunction with Merlin’s Magic Wand, the global charity of LEGOLAND’s parent company Merlin Entertainment, has announced it is donating 20,000 theme park tickets to lift the spirits of Florida children in the wake of Hurricane Irma.
LEGOLAND Florida will donate 18,000 tickets to the UNICEF Kid Power Schools Program, a teacher-led experience that incorporates lessons and activities with the world’s first Wearable-for-Good®. More than 80 percent of students reached with the UNICEF Kid Power program in Florida are eligible for free or reduced lunch.
Participating teachers will distribute two tickets per student, which is intended to allow each child to visit the theme park with a parent or guardian.
Citrus Center Boys & Girls Clubs will also receive 2,000 tickets for distribution to the children it serves through sites in Winter Haven (where LEGOLAND Florida is based), Haines City and Lake Wales.
“As a resort built for kids, we felt compelled to do something special for Florida’s children after Hurricane Irma, which left so many households facing months of recovery,” said Rex Jackson, general manager of LEGOLAND Florida Resort. “While we can’t turn the power back on for those families, we can put smiles on their faces.”
The total donation is valued at more than $1.8 million. It represents the largest ticket giveaway in the resort’s nearly six-year history and is intended to brighten the lives of the storm-battered state’s youngest residents.
Kudos to LEGOLAND Florida and Merlin Entertainment for their generous donation to the community!
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017
- Sonny’s BBQ Hosts Pulled Pork Palooza Oct 12 for #NationalPulledPorkDay - October 10, 2017