CSO was recently invited out to Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando to sample the new menu created by recently appointed chef de cuisine Scott Pizzo.
Chef Pizzo, formerly of Ravenous Pig/Cask & Larder, has created some flavorful dishes that put a spin on the modern-Southern cuisine of the restaurant..
Favorite dishes we tried were the triple-dipped fried chicken served with charred corn, savory mushroom-kale bread pudding, and house-made golden hot sauce that you’ll want to ask for extra of.
Vegetarians will enjoy the grilled romaine with fried egg and chimichurri sided with a salad of roasted beets, stone fruit, and shaved manchego cheese.
And for a truly decadent finish to the meal, the chocolate pecan pie with caramel sauce and Kentucky bourbon ice cream was a big hit.
I also enjoyed a side of the restaurant’s Lineage coffee gelato, which was made with the local roaster’s coffee.
But honestly, every menu item we tried was delicious. Even simple dishes like bone-in ribeye were served with a coffee crust and a side of Kentucky spoon bread with bacon jam and a hushpuppy.
Here are more photos to drool over from our menu sampler:
Highball & Harvest is located at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando at Grande Lakes. Valet and Self-Parking is available, and may be validated with meal purchase. Visit the restaurant’s website for more information.
Disclaimer: We were hosted for a media dinner. As always, my opinion is honest, and my own.
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017
- Save on Back-to-School with Florida Sales Tax Holiday Aug 4-6, 2017 - August 4, 2017
- BaseLine Tap House Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios - August 3, 2017
- Out and About: Margaritaville Resort Orlando Breaks Ground - August 2, 2017