CSO was recently invited out to Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando to sample the new menu created by recently appointed chef de cuisine Scott Pizzo.
Chef Pizzo, formerly of Ravenous Pig/Cask & Larder, has created some flavorful dishes that put a spin on the modern-Southern cuisine of the restaurant..
Favorite dishes we tried were the triple-dipped fried chicken served with charred corn, savory mushroom-kale bread pudding, and house-made golden hot sauce that you’ll want to ask for extra of.
Vegetarians will enjoy the grilled romaine with fried egg and chimichurri sided with a salad of roasted beets, stone fruit, and shaved manchego cheese.
And for a truly decadent finish to the meal, the chocolate pecan pie with caramel sauce and Kentucky bourbon ice cream was a big hit.
I also enjoyed a side of the restaurant’s Lineage coffee gelato, which was made with the local roaster’s coffee.
But honestly, every menu item we tried was delicious. Even simple dishes like bone-in ribeye were served with a coffee crust and a side of Kentucky spoon bread with bacon jam and a hushpuppy.
Here are more photos to drool over from our menu sampler:
Highball & Harvest is located at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando at Grande Lakes. Valet and Self-Parking is available, and may be validated with meal purchase. Visit the restaurant’s website for more information.
Disclaimer: We were hosted for a media dinner. As always, my opinion is honest, and my own.
- Artlando Takes Over Loch Haven Park in Orlando Sept 30 - September 24, 2017
- Meet Stars of Sci-Fi/Horror/Comics at MegaCon Tampa Bay Sept 29-Oct 1 - September 23, 2017
- $10 Day Returns To Orlando Science Center On Sept 24, 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Disney to Live Stream Mickey’s Boo To You Parade from Magic Kingdom Sept 22 - September 21, 2017
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Month to Oct 12 Due to Hurricane Irma - September 20, 2017
- Willie Nelson and Family to Play Dr Phillips Center October 15, 2017 - September 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Presents Spooky Day in the Parks Sept 22-24, 2017 - September 17, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Extreme Sept 21, 2017 - September 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Offering BOGO Tickets Through September 17, 2017 - September 13, 2017
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Presents Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert at Dr Phillips Center October 8, 2017 - September 12, 2017