It’s official, Margaritaville Resort Orlando has broken ground on it’s location in Kissimmee, and CSO was there to cover it.
Margaritaville executives, project heads, and Osceola County officials were on hand to heft the golden-tipped shovels and give a toss of dirt on the site where the 187-room hotel will be located.
The new hotel in west Kissimmee is expected to create 700 – 1,000 jobs for the area, and also have a very positive impact on the local economy.
During the ceremony, Osceola County Commissioner Peggy Choudhry said, “Tourism saves each Osceola County resident $900 a year in taxes. Tourism is the largest industry in Osceola County with over 40,000 tourism supported jobs. Visitors spend about $3.4 billion dollars here, creating an estimated economic impact of $5 billion a year.”
The hotel is just part of the $750 million complex that will also include 1,000 Margaritaville-inspired vacation homes, 300 timeshare units, 30,000 squarefeet of function space, 200,000 square feet of festive retail space, a dining and entertainment district, 12- acre water park, wellness center, miles of wooded fitness trails, a water taxi system and the most unique feature of all – a three-acre swimming area featuring natural sand beaches
Here are artist renderings of what the full Margaritaville Orlando Resort will look like when finished:
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017
- Save on Back-to-School with Florida Sales Tax Holiday Aug 4-6, 2017 - August 4, 2017
- BaseLine Tap House Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios - August 3, 2017
- Out and About: Margaritaville Resort Orlando Breaks Ground - August 2, 2017