For the fourth consecutive year, Shepherd’s Hope, in partnership with Nemours Children’s Health System, is offering free back-to-school physicals and other medical services for local uninsured and underinsured families at three locations between July 31 and August 10.
The free back-to-school physicals will include general health assessments and sports physicals (minus immunizations) as well as vision and hearing screenings at select locations with a Nemours specialist.
In addition, mammogram screenings will be available for women accompanying their children at the Longwood Shepherd’s Hope Health Center location in conjunction with the Florida Hospital for Women Mobile Wellness Coach.
To qualify, children must be under age 18, reside in Orange and Seminole counties, and uninsured. The required Florida Department of Health form (DOH 3040) will be issued following completion of the physical examination which meets the Florida state requirement for enrollment in public or private school.
Appointments must be scheduled in advance, and can be made by calling (407) 876-6699, ext. 243.
Physicals will be conducted at the following Shepherd’s Hope health clinic locations:
Longwood Shepherd’s Hope Health Center
The Sharing Center Plaza, 600 N. US Hwy 17-92, Suite #124, Longwood, FL 32750
- Monday, July 31 (9am to noon)
- Thursday, August 3 (9am to noon)
- Wednesday, August 9 (9am to noon)
Downtown Shepherd’s Hope Health Center
Orange County Medical Clinic, 101 S. Westmoreland Drive, Orlando, FL 32805
- Wednesday, August 2 (6pm to 9pm)
Dr. Diebel, Jr. Memorial Shepherd’s Hope Health Center
Samaritan Resource Center, 9833 E. Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32817
- Tuesday, August 1 (6pm to 9pm)
- Thursday, August 10 (6pm to 9pm)
“Uninsured children deserve to get the same start to their school year as their peers, and in partnership with Nemours, we are able to provide compassionate free health care to some of our youngest, most vulnerable, neighbors,” said Marni Stahlman, president and CEO of Shepherd’s Hope.
“This is our fourth year working side-by-side with Shepherd’s Hope on their free back-to-school physicals, and we really enjoy it,” said Al Torres, MD chief of critical care and transport at Nemours Children’s Hospital. “Everyone from Nemours who volunteered for Shepherd’s Hope wants to return, including me.”
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017
- Sonny’s BBQ Hosts Pulled Pork Palooza Oct 12 for #NationalPulledPorkDay - October 10, 2017
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes to Perform Benefit Show at Hard Rock Live Orlando - October 9, 2017
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater Announces Titles for PlayFest 2017 - October 5, 2017
- Win Tickets to The Americas Cake Fair Oct 13-15, 2017! - October 4, 2017
- Celebrate National Taco Day 2017 With These Orlando Area Restaurants - October 4, 2017