For the fourth consecutive year, Shepherd’s Hope, in partnership with Nemours Children’s Health System, is offering free back-to-school physicals and other medical services for local uninsured and underinsured families at three locations between July 31 and August 10.
The free back-to-school physicals will include general health assessments and sports physicals (minus immunizations) as well as vision and hearing screenings at select locations with a Nemours specialist.
In addition, mammogram screenings will be available for women accompanying their children at the Longwood Shepherd’s Hope Health Center location in conjunction with the Florida Hospital for Women Mobile Wellness Coach.
To qualify, children must be under age 18, reside in Orange and Seminole counties, and uninsured. The required Florida Department of Health form (DOH 3040) will be issued following completion of the physical examination which meets the Florida state requirement for enrollment in public or private school.
Appointments must be scheduled in advance, and can be made by calling (407) 876-6699, ext. 243.
Physicals will be conducted at the following Shepherd’s Hope health clinic locations:
Longwood Shepherd’s Hope Health Center
The Sharing Center Plaza, 600 N. US Hwy 17-92, Suite #124, Longwood, FL 32750
- Monday, July 31 (9am to noon)
- Thursday, August 3 (9am to noon)
- Wednesday, August 9 (9am to noon)
Downtown Shepherd’s Hope Health Center
Orange County Medical Clinic, 101 S. Westmoreland Drive, Orlando, FL 32805
- Wednesday, August 2 (6pm to 9pm)
Dr. Diebel, Jr. Memorial Shepherd’s Hope Health Center
Samaritan Resource Center, 9833 E. Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32817
- Tuesday, August 1 (6pm to 9pm)
- Thursday, August 10 (6pm to 9pm)
“Uninsured children deserve to get the same start to their school year as their peers, and in partnership with Nemours, we are able to provide compassionate free health care to some of our youngest, most vulnerable, neighbors,” said Marni Stahlman, president and CEO of Shepherd’s Hope.
“This is our fourth year working side-by-side with Shepherd’s Hope on their free back-to-school physicals, and we really enjoy it,” said Al Torres, MD chief of critical care and transport at Nemours Children’s Hospital. “Everyone from Nemours who volunteered for Shepherd’s Hope wants to return, including me.”
- Out and About: Taste! Central Florida Offers Great Food and Drink for a Local Cause - August 22, 2017
- Watch the Live Stream of Rivers of Light from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Aug 22 - August 20, 2017
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017