The wonderful Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra will host a Summer Concert Series on select Monday evenings in July and August 2017.
This year’s program includes the following concerts:
July 10 – Colors of Brass
Experience the color and richness of brass instruments in this program arranged by Principal Trombone Jeff Thomas and Tom Macklin. Join Kathy Thomas, Josh Parson, Michael Fee and Mark Goldberg for such favorites as Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Blue Bossa, and March for the Love of Three Oranges.
July 24 – Music of the Beatles
Hear wonderfully elegant renderings of your favorite Beatles songs for string quartet and join in a popular audience sing along. You don’t want to miss this evening of classics from the best-selling band in history. Presented by Principal Second Violin Alexander Stevens.
August 7 – Shattering the Glass Ceiling
Enjoy diverse selections of multiple musical genres as we celebrate the music of female composers and songwriters. Share in the premiere of a string quartet with music commemorating the coming together of the community following the Pulse tragedy. Presented by violinist Joni Hanze.
August 21 – Rimma & Friends
Travel back to the Romantic Era with Concertmaster Rimma Bergeron-Langlois and friends for an evening of intense emotion. Be a part of the artistic, literary and intellectual movement with music from composers Bruch, Dvo?ák and Schumann. Summer romance has never sounded so good.
August 28 – Principals of Wind Power
Your Orlando Philharmonic’s four woodwind principals perform a variety of duets, trios and quartets showing off the power of great woodwind playing. Hot summer nights indeed! Presented by Principal Bassoon Diane Bishop.
Single tickets for each show start at $17, and subscriptions for the series start at $78. All concerts start at 7pm at Plaza Live Orlando!
“The Sounds of Summer Series is the best opportunity for people to get to know our musicians even better, while being inspired by great music,” said Christopher Barton, executive director of the Orlando Philharmonic. “If people are looking to fill their summer with live music, this is a great option.”
Visit orlandophil.org for the most up-to-date information.
- Artlando Takes Over Loch Haven Park in Orlando Sept 30 - September 24, 2017
- Meet Stars of Sci-Fi/Horror/Comics at MegaCon Tampa Bay Sept 29-Oct 1 - September 23, 2017
- $10 Day Returns To Orlando Science Center On Sept 24, 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Disney to Live Stream Mickey’s Boo To You Parade from Magic Kingdom Sept 22 - September 21, 2017
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Month to Oct 12 Due to Hurricane Irma - September 20, 2017
- Willie Nelson and Family to Play Dr Phillips Center October 15, 2017 - September 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Presents Spooky Day in the Parks Sept 22-24, 2017 - September 17, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Extreme Sept 21, 2017 - September 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Offering BOGO Tickets Through September 17, 2017 - September 13, 2017
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Presents Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert at Dr Phillips Center October 8, 2017 - September 12, 2017