The wonderful Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra will host a Summer Concert Series on select Monday evenings in July and August 2017.
This year’s program includes the following concerts:
July 10 – Colors of Brass
Experience the color and richness of brass instruments in this program arranged by Principal Trombone Jeff Thomas and Tom Macklin. Join Kathy Thomas, Josh Parson, Michael Fee and Mark Goldberg for such favorites as Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Blue Bossa, and March for the Love of Three Oranges.
July 24 – Music of the Beatles
Hear wonderfully elegant renderings of your favorite Beatles songs for string quartet and join in a popular audience sing along. You don’t want to miss this evening of classics from the best-selling band in history. Presented by Principal Second Violin Alexander Stevens.
August 7 – Shattering the Glass Ceiling
Enjoy diverse selections of multiple musical genres as we celebrate the music of female composers and songwriters. Share in the premiere of a string quartet with music commemorating the coming together of the community following the Pulse tragedy. Presented by violinist Joni Hanze.
August 21 – Rimma & Friends
Travel back to the Romantic Era with Concertmaster Rimma Bergeron-Langlois and friends for an evening of intense emotion. Be a part of the artistic, literary and intellectual movement with music from composers Bruch, Dvo?ák and Schumann. Summer romance has never sounded so good.
August 28 – Principals of Wind Power
Your Orlando Philharmonic’s four woodwind principals perform a variety of duets, trios and quartets showing off the power of great woodwind playing. Hot summer nights indeed! Presented by Principal Bassoon Diane Bishop.
Single tickets for each show start at $17, and subscriptions for the series start at $78. All concerts start at 7pm at Plaza Live Orlando!
“The Sounds of Summer Series is the best opportunity for people to get to know our musicians even better, while being inspired by great music,” said Christopher Barton, executive director of the Orlando Philharmonic. “If people are looking to fill their summer with live music, this is a great option.”
Visit orlandophil.org for the most up-to-date information.
- Watch the Live Stream of Rivers of Light from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Aug 22 - August 20, 2017
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017