Christmas at Gaylord Palms is an annual event not to miss, and this week, the resort revealed the theme of 2017’s ICE! display and more.
The centerpiece of Christmas at Gaylord Palms is ICE!, which allows guests to walk through a story carved out of ice. After going with child story themes the last few years, the 15th season will go in a different direction.
The theme for 2017 is ICE! featuring Christmas Around the World, which will celebrate the world’s diverse holiday traditions, representing United Kingdom, Mexico, Germany, and more.
Artisans from Harbin, China, home of the world’s largest ice and snow sculpture festival, travel more than 6,000 miles to hand-carve more than two million pounds of colorful ice into larger-than-life sculptures.
When guests enter the nine-degree attraction this year, they will discover holiday scenes from various nations and two-story ice slides surrounded by sculptures and international tidings, all before ending with a trip to the North Pole to experience Santa’s toy workshop.
The ICE! experience ends with the Frostbite Factory live ice carving showcase and the traditional Nativity created with crystal clear ice, which is a fan favorite.
New additions to Christmas at Gaylord Palms include a new version of the exciting Cirque Dreams Unwrapped show, reimagined by Broadway director and renowned Cirque Dreams founder Neil Goldberg. The 25-minute show takes place in the hotel’s atrium.
And thats where you’ll see the new show Joyful, dazzling new multi-sensory experience surrounding the resort’s six-story Christmas tree. Joyful will feature an exclusive holiday musical score along with millions of dancing, choreographed lights.
Finally, the all-new Build-A-Bear Workshop® Scavenger Hunt sends guests to find Snowburst, the Gaylord Hotels’ Polar Bear, along with his bear buddies (each with a holiday talent) as they make sure Gaylord Palms is festively decorated with holiday cheer. Guests can also choose from all kinds of furry friends to bring home, including the exclusive light-up Snowburst polar bear, at the Build-A-Bear Workshop® at Gaylord Palms.
Top of the returning favorites is Breakfast with Charlie Brown & Friends at the award-winning buffet restaurant VIlla de Flora. In addition to the Peanuts Gang meet and greets, the breakfast includes a delicious morning buffet with themed dishes, such as Charlie Brown’s Build-Your-Own-French-Toast Station with Snoopy’s Maple Syrup, Pig Pen’s Dirty Hash Browns, Lucy’s Flap Jacks, and Woodstock’s Granola.
The festive Alpine Village also returns, providing a central hub for Photos with Santa, Snow Tubing, a Gingerbread Decorating Corner which also features photo ops with gingerbread pair Cinnamon and Nutmeg, Santa’s Snow Throw, and Mrs Claus’ Christmas Traditions.
Christmas at Gaylord Palms is open daily from November 21, 2017 –January 7, 2018, including holidays.
Cirque Dreams Unwrapped and Joyful are free to enjoy. TIckets to ICE! and Snow Tubing are available separately or as a combo-ticket.
Gaylord Palms is also offering a package including a one-night stay, resort parking, and ICE! tickets for two, and more for $240 (+ tax).
For more information on Christmas at Gaylord Palms, including purchasing tickets and packages, visit ChristmasAtGaylordPalms.com.
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017
- D23: Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios - July 18, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Willie Nelson and Family to Play October 15, 2017 - July 17, 2017
- D23: Guardians of the Galaxy Attraction Coming to Epcot By 2021 - July 17, 2017