Christmas at Gaylord Palms is an annual event not to miss, and this week, the resort revealed the theme of 2017’s ICE! display and more.
The centerpiece of Christmas at Gaylord Palms is ICE!, which allows guests to walk through a story carved out of ice. After going with child story themes the last few years, the 15th season will go in a different direction.
The theme for 2017 is ICE! featuring Christmas Around the World, which will celebrate the world’s diverse holiday traditions, representing United Kingdom, Mexico, Germany, and more.
Artisans from Harbin, China, home of the world’s largest ice and snow sculpture festival, travel more than 6,000 miles to hand-carve more than two million pounds of colorful ice into larger-than-life sculptures.
When guests enter the nine-degree attraction this year, they will discover holiday scenes from various nations and two-story ice slides surrounded by sculptures and international tidings, all before ending with a trip to the North Pole to experience Santa’s toy workshop.
The ICE! experience ends with the Frostbite Factory live ice carving showcase and the traditional Nativity created with crystal clear ice, which is a fan favorite.
New additions to Christmas at Gaylord Palms include a new version of the exciting Cirque Dreams Unwrapped show, reimagined by Broadway director and renowned Cirque Dreams founder Neil Goldberg. The 25-minute show takes place in the hotel’s atrium.
And thats where you’ll see the new show Joyful, dazzling new multi-sensory experience surrounding the resort’s six-story Christmas tree. Joyful will feature an exclusive holiday musical score along with millions of dancing, choreographed lights.
Finally, the all-new Build-A-Bear Workshop® Scavenger Hunt sends guests to find Snowburst, the Gaylord Hotels’ Polar Bear, along with his bear buddies (each with a holiday talent) as they make sure Gaylord Palms is festively decorated with holiday cheer. Guests can also choose from all kinds of furry friends to bring home, including the exclusive light-up Snowburst polar bear, at the Build-A-Bear Workshop® at Gaylord Palms.
Top of the returning favorites is Breakfast with Charlie Brown & Friends at the award-winning buffet restaurant VIlla de Flora. In addition to the Peanuts Gang meet and greets, the breakfast includes a delicious morning buffet with themed dishes, such as Charlie Brown’s Build-Your-Own-French-Toast Station with Snoopy’s Maple Syrup, Pig Pen’s Dirty Hash Browns, Lucy’s Flap Jacks, and Woodstock’s Granola.
The festive Alpine Village also returns, providing a central hub for Photos with Santa, Snow Tubing, a Gingerbread Decorating Corner which also features photo ops with gingerbread pair Cinnamon and Nutmeg, Santa’s Snow Throw, and Mrs Claus’ Christmas Traditions.
Christmas at Gaylord Palms is open daily from November 21, 2017 –January 7, 2018, including holidays.
Cirque Dreams Unwrapped and Joyful are free to enjoy. TIckets to ICE! and Snow Tubing are available separately or as a combo-ticket.
Gaylord Palms is also offering a package including a one-night stay, resort parking, and ICE! tickets for two, and more for $240 (+ tax).
For more information on Christmas at Gaylord Palms, including purchasing tickets and packages, visit ChristmasAtGaylordPalms.com.
- Watch the Live Stream of Rivers of Light from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Aug 22 - August 20, 2017
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017