The D23 news is flying fast and furious, and word comes that a new space-themed restaurant will be coming to Epcot.
It will be located adjacent to the park’s Mission: SPACE attraction, according to Disney. Perhaps it will occupy the space where the Wonders of Life building currently sits mostly unused, but that wasn’t clarified during the D23 reveal by Walt Disney Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald.
“We know our guests love dining at Epcot – and the restaurants really are out of this world,” Fitzgerald said. “Now we’re about to create one that takes that literally.”
The new as-yet-unnamed space restaurant will be operated by the Patina Restaurant Group, which operates several other restaurants at Walt Disney World including Tutto Italia and Via Napoli at Epcot, and Morimoto Asia and STK at Disney Springs.
I don’t know about you, but as a long-time space nerd, I cannot wait to check this new restaurant out! Let me know what you think of it in the comments.
[Photo courtesy Walt Disney Parks & Resorts]
- Watch the Live Stream of Rivers of Light from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Aug 22 - August 20, 2017
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017