The D23 news is flying fast and furious, and word comes that a new space-themed restaurant will be coming to Epcot.
It will be located adjacent to the park’s Mission: SPACE attraction, according to Disney. Perhaps it will occupy the space where the Wonders of Life building currently sits mostly unused, but that wasn’t clarified during the D23 reveal by Walt Disney Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald.
“We know our guests love dining at Epcot – and the restaurants really are out of this world,” Fitzgerald said. “Now we’re about to create one that takes that literally.”
The new as-yet-unnamed space restaurant will be operated by the Patina Restaurant Group, which operates several other restaurants at Walt Disney World including Tutto Italia and Via Napoli at Epcot, and Morimoto Asia and STK at Disney Springs.
I don’t know about you, but as a long-time space nerd, I cannot wait to check this new restaurant out! Let me know what you think of it in the comments.
[Photo courtesy Walt Disney Parks & Resorts]
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017
- D23: Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios - July 18, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Willie Nelson and Family to Play October 15, 2017 - July 17, 2017
- D23: Guardians of the Galaxy Attraction Coming to Epcot By 2021 - July 17, 2017