Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, announced at D23 this weekend that a Tron-themed attraction will be coming to Magic Kingdom‘s Tomorrowland.
Set to open during Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021, the TRON Lightcycle Power Run is a coaster-style attraction where riders board a train of two-wheeled Lightcycles, similar to the cycle game from the original movie.
It will sit in an entirely new area right next to Space Mountain. From the artist rendering above, it appears the Tomorrowland Speedway will not be affected, nor will the Magic Kingdom Railroad – it looks like the Tron attraction will straddle the train rails.
Here is a video look at the Shanghai Disneyland version of the Tron coaster to give you an idea of what to expect:
I am so-o excited about this. From what I’ve seen and heard of this ride, I was despairing the only way I’d get to experience it was a trip to China. Now it’ll be in my backyard, so to speak. What do you think? Let us know in comments.
[Image courtesy Walt Disney Parks & Resorts]
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017
- Sonny’s BBQ Hosts Pulled Pork Palooza Oct 12 for #NationalPulledPorkDay - October 10, 2017