Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, announced at D23 this weekend that a Tron-themed attraction will be coming to Magic Kingdom‘s Tomorrowland.
Set to open during Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021, the TRON Lightcycle Power Run is a coaster-style attraction where riders board a train of two-wheeled Lightcycles, similar to the cycle game from the original movie.
It will sit in an entirely new area right next to Space Mountain. From the artist rendering above, it appears the Tomorrowland Speedway will not be affected, nor will the Magic Kingdom Railroad – it looks like the Tron attraction will straddle the train rails.
Here is a video look at the Shanghai Disneyland version of the Tron coaster to give you an idea of what to expect:
I am so-o excited about this. From what I’ve seen and heard of this ride, I was despairing the only way I’d get to experience it was a trip to China. Now it’ll be in my backyard, so to speak. What do you think? Let us know in comments.
[Image courtesy Walt Disney Parks & Resorts]
- Artlando Takes Over Loch Haven Park in Orlando Sept 30 - September 24, 2017
- Meet Stars of Sci-Fi/Horror/Comics at MegaCon Tampa Bay Sept 29-Oct 1 - September 23, 2017
- $10 Day Returns To Orlando Science Center On Sept 24, 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Disney to Live Stream Mickey’s Boo To You Parade from Magic Kingdom Sept 22 - September 21, 2017
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Month to Oct 12 Due to Hurricane Irma - September 20, 2017
- Willie Nelson and Family to Play Dr Phillips Center October 15, 2017 - September 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Presents Spooky Day in the Parks Sept 22-24, 2017 - September 17, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Extreme Sept 21, 2017 - September 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Offering BOGO Tickets Through September 17, 2017 - September 13, 2017
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Presents Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert at Dr Phillips Center October 8, 2017 - September 12, 2017