Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, announced at D23 this weekend that a Tron-themed attraction will be coming to Magic Kingdom‘s Tomorrowland.
Set to open during Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021, the TRON Lightcycle Power Run is a coaster-style attraction where riders board a train of two-wheeled Lightcycles, similar to the cycle game from the original movie.
It will sit in an entirely new area right next to Space Mountain. From the artist rendering above, it appears the Tomorrowland Speedway will not be affected, nor will the Magic Kingdom Railroad – it looks like the Tron attraction will straddle the train rails.
Here is a video look at the Shanghai Disneyland version of the Tron coaster to give you an idea of what to expect:
I am so-o excited about this. From what I’ve seen and heard of this ride, I was despairing the only way I’d get to experience it was a trip to China. Now it’ll be in my backyard, so to speak. What do you think? Let us know in comments.
[Image courtesy Walt Disney Parks & Resorts]
- Watch the Live Stream of Rivers of Light from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Aug 22 - August 20, 2017
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017