Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, announced at D23 this weekend that a Tron-themed attraction will be coming to Magic Kingdom‘s Tomorrowland.
Set to open during Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021, the TRON Lightcycle Power Run is a coaster-style attraction where riders board a train of two-wheeled Lightcycles, similar to the cycle game from the original movie.
It will sit in an entirely new area right next to Space Mountain. From the artist rendering above, it appears the Tomorrowland Speedway will not be affected, nor will the Magic Kingdom Railroad – it looks like the Tron attraction will straddle the train rails.
Here is a video look at the Shanghai Disneyland version of the Tron coaster to give you an idea of what to expect:
I am so-o excited about this. From what I’ve seen and heard of this ride, I was despairing the only way I’d get to experience it was a trip to China. Now it’ll be in my backyard, so to speak. What do you think? Let us know in comments.
[Image courtesy Walt Disney Parks & Resorts]
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017
- D23: Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios - July 18, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Willie Nelson and Family to Play October 15, 2017 - July 17, 2017
- D23: Guardians of the Galaxy Attraction Coming to Epcot By 2021 - July 17, 2017