Earlier this week, we showed you the model for the upcoming Star Wars Land coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and now we have the official name.
It will be called Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, according to Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, who revealed the name at this weekend’s D23 Expo. The Disneyland version will go by the same name.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will allow guests to visit a remote trading port on the edge of wild space, where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life – and where guests will find themselves in the middle of the action.
The lands will feature two major attractions:
One attraction will make you feel like you’re on a Star Destroyer inside a hangar bay. It’s an attraction built on a scale never done before at the Disney parks.
The second, built inside a replica of the Millennium Falcon, will give guests the opportunity to pilot the ship, shooting blasters or preparing for hyperspace – all while completing a critical mission. But how you perform on the mission holds even bigger stakes: perform with skill and you may earn extra galactic credits, while bringing the ship back banged up could put you on the list of a bounty hunter.
Guests will also encounter many familiar faces inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, including BB-8, Chewbacca, members of the First Order, and more. Even Rex (aka RX-24), the troublesome pilot you may remember from the previous version of Star Tours, will take on a new role in this land as the DJ at the Cantina.
Ah yes, the Cantina, which will serve up unique concoctions like blue milk. Not sure if it will also serve up light bites.
Are you excited yet? Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open in 2019, first at the Disneyland Resort and later in the year at the Walt Disney World.
Here’s a promo video for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge that was released at D23:
[Images courtesy Walt Disney Parks & Resorts]
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017
- Save on Back-to-School with Florida Sales Tax Holiday Aug 4-6, 2017 - August 4, 2017
- BaseLine Tap House Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios - August 3, 2017
- Out and About: Margaritaville Resort Orlando Breaks Ground - August 2, 2017