Earlier this week, we showed you the model for the upcoming Star Wars Land coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and now we have the official name.
It will be called Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, according to Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, who revealed the name at this weekend’s D23 Expo. The Disneyland version will go by the same name.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will allow guests to visit a remote trading port on the edge of wild space, where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life – and where guests will find themselves in the middle of the action.
The lands will feature two major attractions:
One attraction will make you feel like you’re on a Star Destroyer inside a hangar bay. It’s an attraction built on a scale never done before at the Disney parks.
The second, built inside a replica of the Millennium Falcon, will give guests the opportunity to pilot the ship, shooting blasters or preparing for hyperspace – all while completing a critical mission. But how you perform on the mission holds even bigger stakes: perform with skill and you may earn extra galactic credits, while bringing the ship back banged up could put you on the list of a bounty hunter.
Guests will also encounter many familiar faces inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, including BB-8, Chewbacca, members of the First Order, and more. Even Rex (aka RX-24), the troublesome pilot you may remember from the previous version of Star Tours, will take on a new role in this land as the DJ at the Cantina.
Ah yes, the Cantina, which will serve up unique concoctions like blue milk. Not sure if it will also serve up light bites.
Are you excited yet? Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open in 2019, first at the Disneyland Resort and later in the year at the Walt Disney World.
Here’s a promo video for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge that was released at D23:
[Images courtesy Walt Disney Parks & Resorts]
- Holy Land Experience Offers Free Admission Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - October 23, 2017
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017