Popular Orlando Chef Kevin Fonzo has announced he has sold his signature K Restaurant, and will no longer be its owner or chef.
The new owner is Chad Phelps, whose cooking experience includes chef stints in the military, catering, and at Florida Hospital.
Fonzo will stay on for a couple of weeks after the sale to help with the transition process. After that, he will still be a silent part of the restaurant, as the name, concept, and menu will remain the same. All the staff will remain, as well. Phelps is expected to add minor renovations to the interior and backyard patio.
The reason for the sale, says Fonzo, is personal. His parents have passed in recent years, and it was their wish that he sell the restaurant to pay for his siblings children to go to college.
Fonzo is considered one of the area’s top chefs and has been nominated for a prestigious James Beard award multiple times. He says he still plans to stay active in his self-named foundation, as well as the Emeril Lagasse Kitchen House & Culinary Garden, which he helped established.
He also plans to continue leading culinary tours abroad, as well as starting his own company to focus on culinary demonstrations and cooking lessons.
I’m sad to see him leave his restaurant, which has made such a delicious impact in the Orlando food scene, but I do wish him the best in his future endeavors.
- Watch the Live Stream of Rivers of Light from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Aug 22 - August 20, 2017
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017