Internet shopping giant Amazon has announced they will be building a new warehouse that will be located in the Lake Nona area of Orlando.
The 850,000 square-foot fulfillment center will be built on undeveloped land at Boggy Creek Road and Jeff Fuqua Boulevard, and will open sometime in 2018, according to the company. It will handle the picking, packing, and shipping of small items to customers like books, electronics or consumer goods.
Amazon also said it will hire 1,500 full-time employees to staff the large warehouse, which will feature the company’s elaborate robotics system. To learn more about working at an Amazon fulfillment center, visit amazondelivers.jobs.
“We’re thrilled to welcome Amazon to Central Florida, and look forward to this legendary innovator becoming a part of our community,” said Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs in a press release.
“We’ve worked hard to expedite permitting and other County functions in order to get this new type of fulfillment distribution center – including Amazon Robotics and a significant investment in technology – up and running. This is a huge win for Central Florida and a wonderful opportunity for our entire community…”
The project is being developed in a partnership between Seefried Industrial Properties and an affiliate of USAA Real Estate Company. Tavistock Development Company entitled and sold the property, and will develop the infrastructure for the project.
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017
- D23: Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios - July 18, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Willie Nelson and Family to Play October 15, 2017 - July 17, 2017
- D23: Guardians of the Galaxy Attraction Coming to Epcot By 2021 - July 17, 2017