This week, Visit Orlando celebrated National Travel and Tourism Week by announcing a record number of visitors to the city, and by setting a Guinness World Records™ title.
The organization, which promotes tourism in the Orlando area, announced a record 68 million travelers visited our area last year.
Visit Orlando unveiled its new milestone visitation number by setting the Guinness World Records title “Most greetings cards collected in 24 hours” during a gathering of more than 900 members of the tourism community.
As a way to say thank you to Orlando visitors in 2016, the Orlando tourism community came together to handwrite 3,144 thank you cards for #OrlandosBIGThankYou.
This new campaign will run through the remainder of the year to thank millions of guests for their support through hand-written cards, Visit Orlando’s social media channels, marketing communications, destination websites and member programs.
“Orlando and Orange County continue to be the number one vacation destination in the nation,” said Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs. “But this wouldn’t be possible without the many millions of guests who choose to come here year after year for our world renowned attractions and entertainment options. However, what truly makes their experience here better than any other community is our culture of hospitality combined with our front-line hospitality workers and welcoming residents.”
I can’t wait to see what records the Orlando area sets for 2017! Thank you to all who help make this city a destination worth visiting!
[Photo: Visit Orlando]
- Dragon Challenge Coaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure to Close in September 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Central Florida Krispy Kreme And The Salvation Army Launch Annual #StuffTheBus School Supply Drive - July 25, 2017
- New Thrill Ride Announced for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando - July 24, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up July 24, 2017: Ravenous Pig, Second Harvest Food Bank of CFL, Terralina Crafted Italian, More - July 24, 2017
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017