This week, Visit Orlando celebrated National Travel and Tourism Week by announcing a record number of visitors to the city, and by setting a Guinness World Records™ title.
The organization, which promotes tourism in the Orlando area, announced a record 68 million travelers visited our area last year.
Visit Orlando unveiled its new milestone visitation number by setting the Guinness World Records title “Most greetings cards collected in 24 hours” during a gathering of more than 900 members of the tourism community.
As a way to say thank you to Orlando visitors in 2016, the Orlando tourism community came together to handwrite 3,144 thank you cards for #OrlandosBIGThankYou.
This new campaign will run through the remainder of the year to thank millions of guests for their support through hand-written cards, Visit Orlando’s social media channels, marketing communications, destination websites and member programs.
“Orlando and Orange County continue to be the number one vacation destination in the nation,” said Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs. “But this wouldn’t be possible without the many millions of guests who choose to come here year after year for our world renowned attractions and entertainment options. However, what truly makes their experience here better than any other community is our culture of hospitality combined with our front-line hospitality workers and welcoming residents.”
I can’t wait to see what records the Orlando area sets for 2017! Thank you to all who help make this city a destination worth visiting!
[Photo: Visit Orlando]
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017