Earlier this year, the Orlando food scene lost Chef Bryce Balluff when he passed away. This month, Millenia 106 and Chef Bruno Fonseca will host a benefit wine dinner for his family on May 18.
Balluff was a local chef and one of the early leaders of the food truck scene. He was the original owner of Fork in the Road food truck, and also was briefly involved with Southern Moon Smokehouse.
The evening will begin with a cocktail reception at 6:30pm, and then feature a five course dinner with wine pairings.
The menu Chef Fonseca has created will feature:
Dual coast oysters, cucumber, grapefruit, serrano, mint
NV Mercat Brut Cava
Frog Song Organics’ greens, local tomatoes, fromage “vert”, almonds
2015 Domaine Maestracci E Prove Blanc
From the Sea
Cape Canaveral snapper, risotto nero, crab, fennel salad
2015 Domaine Leccia Rose
From the Pasture
Leg of lamb, Orlando farms’ egg in ravioli, royal trumpet mushroom, tomato
2012 Domaine Leccia Rouge
Bread pudding, orange confit, roasted figs, thyme, dulce de leche
2010 Château Roûmieu-Lacoste Sauternes
Tickets are $65 per person, and are available at the event’s ticket page. Chef Fonseca says after the wine cost is covered, all money raised will go directly to the Balluff Family.
- ‘A Celebration of Harry Potter’ Returns to Universal Orlando January 26-28, 2018 - January 21, 2018
- Rascal Flatts to Perform DAYTONA 500 Pre-Race Show February 18, 2018 - January 20, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup: January 19, 2018: Marlow’s Tavern, The Glass Knife, Brews ‘n’Blues, and More - January 19, 2018
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- Out and About: Otronicon 2018 at the Orlando Science Center Proves STEM is Fun - January 16, 2018
- BIG Something to Play The Social in Orlando on January 17, 2018 - January 15, 2018