Earlier this year, the Orlando food scene lost Chef Bryce Balluff when he passed away. This month, Millenia 106 and Chef Bruno Fonseca will host a benefit wine dinner for his family on May 18.
Balluff was a local chef and one of the early leaders of the food truck scene. He was the original owner of Fork in the Road food truck, and also was briefly involved with Southern Moon Smokehouse.
The evening will begin with a cocktail reception at 6:30pm, and then feature a five course dinner with wine pairings.
The menu Chef Fonseca has created will feature:
Dual coast oysters, cucumber, grapefruit, serrano, mint
NV Mercat Brut Cava
Frog Song Organics’ greens, local tomatoes, fromage “vert”, almonds
2015 Domaine Maestracci E Prove Blanc
From the Sea
Cape Canaveral snapper, risotto nero, crab, fennel salad
2015 Domaine Leccia Rose
From the Pasture
Leg of lamb, Orlando farms’ egg in ravioli, royal trumpet mushroom, tomato
2012 Domaine Leccia Rouge
Bread pudding, orange confit, roasted figs, thyme, dulce de leche
2010 Château Roûmieu-Lacoste Sauternes
Tickets are $65 per person, and are available at the event’s ticket page. Chef Fonseca says after the wine cost is covered, all money raised will go directly to the Balluff Family.
- Dragon Challenge Coaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure to Close in September 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Central Florida Krispy Kreme And The Salvation Army Launch Annual #StuffTheBus School Supply Drive - July 25, 2017
- New Thrill Ride Announced for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando - July 24, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up July 24, 2017: Ravenous Pig, Second Harvest Food Bank of CFL, Terralina Crafted Italian, More - July 24, 2017
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017