Earlier this year, the Orlando food scene lost Chef Bryce Balluff when he passed away. This month, Millenia 106 and Chef Bruno Fonseca will host a benefit wine dinner for his family on May 18.
Balluff was a local chef and one of the early leaders of the food truck scene. He was the original owner of Fork in the Road food truck, and also was briefly involved with Southern Moon Smokehouse.
The evening will begin with a cocktail reception at 6:30pm, and then feature a five course dinner with wine pairings.
The menu Chef Fonseca has created will feature:
Dual coast oysters, cucumber, grapefruit, serrano, mint
NV Mercat Brut Cava
Frog Song Organics’ greens, local tomatoes, fromage “vert”, almonds
2015 Domaine Maestracci E Prove Blanc
From the Sea
Cape Canaveral snapper, risotto nero, crab, fennel salad
2015 Domaine Leccia Rose
From the Pasture
Leg of lamb, Orlando farms’ egg in ravioli, royal trumpet mushroom, tomato
2012 Domaine Leccia Rouge
Bread pudding, orange confit, roasted figs, thyme, dulce de leche
2010 Château Roûmieu-Lacoste Sauternes
Tickets are $65 per person, and are available at the event’s ticket page. Chef Fonseca says after the wine cost is covered, all money raised will go directly to the Balluff Family.
- Out and About: Christmas Comes to Gaylord Palms - November 21, 2017
- Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando November 23-26, 2017 - November 19, 2017
- The Status of CitySurfingOrlando.com - November 15, 2017
- The Phantom Returns in Love Never Dies at Dr Phillips Center Nov 21-26, 2017 - November 14, 2017
- Festival Of Trees Kickstarts The Holidays At Orlando Museum Of Art Nov 11-19, 2017 - November 10, 2017
- Out and About: The Glass Knife Debuts in Winter Park - November 9, 2017
- Out and About: Fresh Kitchen Opens in Waterford Lakes - November 3, 2017
- Central Florida Foodie Events for November 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017