Orlando’s Mennello Museum of Art will host a new exhibit called Our Orlando from May 19 to June 18, and it will feature the work of five local artists.
Katrina Constantine, Hillery Powers, Chris Tobar Rodriguez, Andrew Spear, and Rhett Withey were originally featured in a Pulse coloring book that was available at the museum, as well as the fence wrap that surrounds the Pulse Nightclub.
Their individual methods range in form and technical experimentation from calligraphy and comic arts to murals and the digital arts.
A common thread among the artists of OUR ORLANDO is the important role their high school educators played in their lives — pushing them to pursue their dreams in the arts.
The opening reception will take place the evening of May 19, featuring catering and mixed drinks by NOVA Restaurant, and craft beer by Orlando Brewing. Admission is $5, or free for museum members.
For more information on the exhibit, the artists, or the opening reception, visit mennellomuseum.org.
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017