Orlando’s Mennello Museum of Art will host a new exhibit called Our Orlando from May 19 to June 18, and it will feature the work of five local artists.
Katrina Constantine, Hillery Powers, Chris Tobar Rodriguez, Andrew Spear, and Rhett Withey were originally featured in a Pulse coloring book that was available at the museum, as well as the fence wrap that surrounds the Pulse Nightclub.
Their individual methods range in form and technical experimentation from calligraphy and comic arts to murals and the digital arts.
A common thread among the artists of OUR ORLANDO is the important role their high school educators played in their lives — pushing them to pursue their dreams in the arts.
The opening reception will take place the evening of May 19, featuring catering and mixed drinks by NOVA Restaurant, and craft beer by Orlando Brewing. Admission is $5, or free for museum members.
For more information on the exhibit, the artists, or the opening reception, visit mennellomuseum.org.
- Dragon Challenge Coaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure to Close in September 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Central Florida Krispy Kreme And The Salvation Army Launch Annual #StuffTheBus School Supply Drive - July 25, 2017
- New Thrill Ride Announced for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando - July 24, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up July 24, 2017: Ravenous Pig, Second Harvest Food Bank of CFL, Terralina Crafted Italian, More - July 24, 2017
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017