Forget Shark Week. Wild Florida will launch their first annual Gator Week May 1-6, and best of all, admission is free to its Gator and Wildlife Park during that week.
Even though many view alligators as fierce carnivores always on the hunt, that’s not actually the case. To help dispel the myths, Wild Florida decided to dedicate an entire week to educating and debunking many common misunderstandings surrounding these reptiles through live demonstrations and interactive experiences.
Here is what is scheduled for Gator Week:
- May 1: Alligators have one of the strongest jaws of all living animals, with a bite force of 16,460 newtons (that’s A LOT). Experience this power with a live demonstration of alligators smashing watermelons between those jaws.
- May 2: Live Radio Broadcast by 103.1 The Wolf and Gator Jump-a-thon. Demonstrations throughout the day will show off the true power of these animals, and just how high they can jump to catch their prey.
- May 3: Fox 35’s David Martin will be live on-air interacting with alligators.
- May 4: “May the 4th” be with the alligators at Wild Florida. Come decked out in your Star Wars gear and Darth Gator costumes! Grand prize awarded to the best costume!
- May 5: It’s Cinco de Mayo! Come prepared to photograph animals throughout the park in their festive gear and share your animal memes on social media for a chance to win prizes.
- May 6: FREE gator photos holding Fluffy, our superstar alligator!
There will also be plenty of fun photo-ops and guest appearances made by some popular inhabitants of the Gator and Wildlife Park, such as sloths.
In addition to the above Gator Week activities, Wild Florida will offer a daily buffet in the Cypress Ballroom for $24.99 per person from 11:30am to 2pm, and will show the movie Lake Placid (edited for all ages) every day in the ballroom from 3:30pm to 5pm.
Wild Florida is located at 3301 Lake Cypress Rd, Kenansville, FL 34739, just south of Kissimmee via the Turnpike. Hours are 9am to 6pm Monday through Saturday; closed on Sunday.
- Dragon Challenge Coaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure to Close in September 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Central Florida Krispy Kreme And The Salvation Army Launch Annual #StuffTheBus School Supply Drive - July 25, 2017
- New Thrill Ride Announced for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando - July 24, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up July 24, 2017: Ravenous Pig, Second Harvest Food Bank of CFL, Terralina Crafted Italian, More - July 24, 2017
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017