Acclaimed singer-songwriter Sheryl Crow will performs at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts on April 29, 2017, as part of the Morgan Stanley Moments at Dr. Phillips Center series.
Crow first broke big in 1994 with her first hit, “All I Wanna Do.” Since then she has released eight studio albums, two compilations, a live album and has contributed to a number of film soundtracks. She has received 32 Grammy nominations, of which she has won nine.
Her most recent album, 2013’s Feels Like Home, features collaborations with her longtime guitar player and frequent co-writer, Jeff Trott (with whom she co-wrote “If It Makes You Happy,” “My Favorite Mistake” and “Every Day is a Winding Road”), as well as Nashville songwriters Chris DuBois, Luke Laird, Natalie Hamby and Chris Stapleton.
“Feels Like Home may be the most focused album I’ve ever made,” Sheryl Crow says of her debut album for Warner Nashville, the label based in Music City where Crow choose to settle and raise her children years ago. “All of my albums have had a few different styles going on in them, and this album definitely has a few different takes on what country music means to me, but not calculatedly so. First and foremost, I just wanted to make sure that for this album I wrote about were things that I really knew about – subjects that hit close to home.”
A cancer survivor, Crow is a passionate supporter of a variety of environmental and health-related charities, including The NRDC, The Breast Cancer Research Foundation and The World Food Program. This year saw the opening of the Sheryl Crow Imaging Center in the Pink Lotus Breast Center in Los Angeles.
For more information on Sheryl Crow, visit sherylcrow.com.
Tickets start at $49.50 and may be purchased online at drphillipscenter.org, by calling 844.513.2014 or by visiting the Dr. Phillips Center Box Office.
- Out and About: Nine Spices Serves Up Delicious Hotpot Near Universal Orlando - May 23, 2017
- LEGOLAND Florida to Offer $99 Annual Awesomer Pass Sale May 26-29, 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up May 21, 2017: Portobello, The Halal Guys, Tijuana Flats - May 21, 2017
- The Shining is Coming to Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 27 - May 20, 2017
- Sesame Street Land is Coming to SeaWorld Orlando By Fall 2022 - May 19, 2017
- Ace Cafe Orlando Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 19-21, 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns To Amaze And Entertain May 16-29, 2017 - May 14, 2017
- Orlando Thanks Visitors in a Guinness World Records Way for Making it No. 1 Destination in U.S. #OrlandosBIGThankYou - May 13, 2017
- Orange County Library System Spring Book Sale Takes Place May 18-21, 2017 - May 11, 2017
- Mennello Museum of Art Hosts Our Orlando Local Art Show May 19-June 18, 2017 - May 10, 2017