SeaWorld Orlando announced this week they will be opening a new water thrill ride called Infinity Falls in Summer 2018.
Designers were inspired by the rainforests of South America and have created a lush jungle environment with Class iV rapids running through it.
A unique vertical elevator will lift each 8-passenger raft for a dramatic launch into the river, 40 feet below. Guests will travel around soaking fountains and waterfalls as they pass the remains of an ancient civilization.
Though it has the world’s tallest drop, the ride has been designed so that young children can ride it, too. It will have a height restriction of 42 inches.
The adventure ends at Harmony Village with a greater connection to the world’s rivers, inspired to spread the message of conservation..
Infinity Falls will be the centerpiece of a newly themed surrounding area, fully immersing guests in a rainforest canopy. It will be located in the Sea Garden area, near the passholder lounge.
After riding the rapids on Infinity Falls, the entire family can explore the village and take part in interactive experiences that combine play with education to create a positive impact on freshwater ecosystems. SeaWorld’s Animal Ambassadors will also provide up-close encounters with animals native to South America.
“We are constantly looking at new ways to amaze our guests – Infinity Falls will do that, and more,” said Jim Dean, President of SeaWorld Orlando Parks. “From the excitement of the thrilling rapids, to the unique vertical lift element, it will be an adventure that appeals to the entire family. Infinity Falls continues our commitment to investing in our park, and developing new ways to entertain and inspire our guests with meaningful, fun-filled vacations.”
I am so excited about this! I love the concept, and with the Florida heat, this will be the perfect ride to do over and over.
Take a peek at this promo video SeaWorld Orlando put together for the ride, and let us know what you think:
- Artlando Takes Over Loch Haven Park in Orlando Sept 30 - September 24, 2017
- Meet Stars of Sci-Fi/Horror/Comics at MegaCon Tampa Bay Sept 29-Oct 1 - September 23, 2017
- $10 Day Returns To Orlando Science Center On Sept 24, 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Disney to Live Stream Mickey’s Boo To You Parade from Magic Kingdom Sept 22 - September 21, 2017
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Month to Oct 12 Due to Hurricane Irma - September 20, 2017
- Willie Nelson and Family to Play Dr Phillips Center October 15, 2017 - September 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Presents Spooky Day in the Parks Sept 22-24, 2017 - September 17, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Extreme Sept 21, 2017 - September 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Offering BOGO Tickets Through September 17, 2017 - September 13, 2017
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Presents Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert at Dr Phillips Center October 8, 2017 - September 12, 2017