SeaWorld Orlando announced this week they will be opening a new water thrill ride called Infinity Falls in Summer 2018.
Designers were inspired by the rainforests of South America and have created a lush jungle environment with Class iV rapids running through it.
A unique vertical elevator will lift each 8-passenger raft for a dramatic launch into the river, 40 feet below. Guests will travel around soaking fountains and waterfalls as they pass the remains of an ancient civilization.
Though it has the world’s tallest drop, the ride has been designed so that young children can ride it, too. It will have a height restriction of 42 inches.
The adventure ends at Harmony Village with a greater connection to the world’s rivers, inspired to spread the message of conservation..
Infinity Falls will be the centerpiece of a newly themed surrounding area, fully immersing guests in a rainforest canopy. It will be located in the Sea Garden area, near the passholder lounge.
After riding the rapids on Infinity Falls, the entire family can explore the village and take part in interactive experiences that combine play with education to create a positive impact on freshwater ecosystems. SeaWorld’s Animal Ambassadors will also provide up-close encounters with animals native to South America.
“We are constantly looking at new ways to amaze our guests – Infinity Falls will do that, and more,” said Jim Dean, President of SeaWorld Orlando Parks. “From the excitement of the thrilling rapids, to the unique vertical lift element, it will be an adventure that appeals to the entire family. Infinity Falls continues our commitment to investing in our park, and developing new ways to entertain and inspire our guests with meaningful, fun-filled vacations.”
I am so excited about this! I love the concept, and with the Florida heat, this will be the perfect ride to do over and over.
Take a peek at this promo video SeaWorld Orlando put together for the ride, and let us know what you think:
- Dragon Challenge Coaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure to Close in September 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Central Florida Krispy Kreme And The Salvation Army Launch Annual #StuffTheBus School Supply Drive - July 25, 2017
- New Thrill Ride Announced for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando - July 24, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up July 24, 2017: Ravenous Pig, Second Harvest Food Bank of CFL, Terralina Crafted Italian, More - July 24, 2017
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017