SeaWorld Orlando announced this week they will be opening a new water thrill ride called Infinity Falls in Summer 2018.
Designers were inspired by the rainforests of South America and have created a lush jungle environment with Class iV rapids running through it.
A unique vertical elevator will lift each 8-passenger raft for a dramatic launch into the river, 40 feet below. Guests will travel around soaking fountains and waterfalls as they pass the remains of an ancient civilization.
Though it has the world’s tallest drop, the ride has been designed so that young children can ride it, too. It will have a height restriction of 42 inches.
The adventure ends at Harmony Village with a greater connection to the world’s rivers, inspired to spread the message of conservation..
Infinity Falls will be the centerpiece of a newly themed surrounding area, fully immersing guests in a rainforest canopy. It will be located in the Sea Garden area, near the passholder lounge.
After riding the rapids on Infinity Falls, the entire family can explore the village and take part in interactive experiences that combine play with education to create a positive impact on freshwater ecosystems. SeaWorld’s Animal Ambassadors will also provide up-close encounters with animals native to South America.
“We are constantly looking at new ways to amaze our guests – Infinity Falls will do that, and more,” said Jim Dean, President of SeaWorld Orlando Parks. “From the excitement of the thrilling rapids, to the unique vertical lift element, it will be an adventure that appeals to the entire family. Infinity Falls continues our commitment to investing in our park, and developing new ways to entertain and inspire our guests with meaningful, fun-filled vacations.”
I am so excited about this! I love the concept, and with the Florida heat, this will be the perfect ride to do over and over.
Take a peek at this promo video SeaWorld Orlando put together for the ride, and let us know what you think:
- Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando November 23-26, 2017 - November 19, 2017
- The Status of CitySurfingOrlando.com - November 15, 2017
- The Phantom Returns in Love Never Dies at Dr Phillips Center Nov 21-26, 2017 - November 14, 2017
- Festival Of Trees Kickstarts The Holidays At Orlando Museum Of Art Nov 11-19, 2017 - November 10, 2017
- Out and About: The Glass Knife Debuts in Winter Park - November 9, 2017
- Out and About: Fresh Kitchen Opens in Waterford Lakes - November 3, 2017
- Central Florida Foodie Events for November 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017