The University of Central Florida returns to the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts with it’s week-long UCF Celebrates the Arts event April 7-14, 2017. Best of all…it’s FREE!
UCF Celebrates the Arts encompasses theater, music, art, and more, with several different productions each day, as well as exhibitions in the Dr. Phillips Center lobby.
Highlights of the event include performances of Oklahoma! and The Giver, a reading of Steinbeck’s The Grapes of Wrath, a UCF Choral Concert, a short film showcase, and The Flying Horse Big Band.
Tickets are free, but must be reserved in advance at arts.cah.ucf.edu. They are general admission, so it’s first come/first seated for each performance or show.
I went to several shows last year, and they were wonderful. This is a great way to see what the UCF Visual and Performing Arts department has to offer.
- Dragon Challenge Coaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure to Close in September 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Central Florida Krispy Kreme And The Salvation Army Launch Annual #StuffTheBus School Supply Drive - July 25, 2017
- New Thrill Ride Announced for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando - July 24, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up July 24, 2017: Ravenous Pig, Second Harvest Food Bank of CFL, Terralina Crafted Italian, More - July 24, 2017
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017