The Osceola Council on Aging will host the March for Meals 5K Run and Walk at Lakeview Park in Kissimmee on March 18.
It will include a 5K (3.1 mile) run and walk for individuals and/or corporate and family teams, largest and most spirited team competition, a free Kid’s Run, silent auction, and more.
New for 2017 is the “Team Challenge” which allows teams with 5 or more participants to compete for Most Team Spirit and Largest Team awards. A special discount is offered for five or more entries.
Plus, if you bring non-perishable food items, you will be entered into a special prize drawing.
“There are seniors right now in our community going hungry; that is why it is so imperative to have the Meals on Wheels program,” said Wilda Belisle, Meals on Wheels Director for the Osceola Council on Aging. “Meals on Wheels is much more than a meal a day; it also it gives us an opportunity to check in on our seniors, say hello and much more. We need individuals, corporate and family teams to come out and walk and run to help our seniors who are counting on us to provide them a hot and/or cold meal. We can’t let them down.”
The cost to register is $35 per person. For more information, visit osceolagenerations.org.
- Paul McCartney to Bring #OneonOne Tour to Tampa and Miami June 2017 - April 27, 2017
- Dancers Julianne and Derek Hough Bring 2017 Tour to Dr Phillips Center May 16 - April 26, 2017
- Wild Florida Launches First Annual Gator Week May 2017 - April 24, 2017
- Rock & Brews Opens Second Central Florida Location in Orlando April 24 - April 21, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Eddie Money April 27 - April 20, 2017
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Hosts Jake’s Beer Dinner April 28 - April 19, 2017
- Out and About: Create Your Nature Offers Healthy Delicious Food in Winter Park #getyourbowlon - April 18, 2017
- Six Orlando Restaurants to be Featured on Upcoming ‘Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives’ Episodes - April 17, 2017
- Walt Disney World Announces Dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - April 16, 2017
- Planet Fitness Offers Free HydroMassage to Soothe Tax Day Stress April 15-22, 2017 - April 15, 2017