The Osceola Council on Aging will host the March for Meals 5K Run and Walk at Lakeview Park in Kissimmee on March 18.
It will include a 5K (3.1 mile) run and walk for individuals and/or corporate and family teams, largest and most spirited team competition, a free Kid’s Run, silent auction, and more.
New for 2017 is the “Team Challenge” which allows teams with 5 or more participants to compete for Most Team Spirit and Largest Team awards. A special discount is offered for five or more entries.
Plus, if you bring non-perishable food items, you will be entered into a special prize drawing.
“There are seniors right now in our community going hungry; that is why it is so imperative to have the Meals on Wheels program,” said Wilda Belisle, Meals on Wheels Director for the Osceola Council on Aging. “Meals on Wheels is much more than a meal a day; it also it gives us an opportunity to check in on our seniors, say hello and much more. We need individuals, corporate and family teams to come out and walk and run to help our seniors who are counting on us to provide them a hot and/or cold meal. We can’t let them down.”
The cost to register is $35 per person. For more information, visit osceolagenerations.org.
- The Status of CitySurfingOrlando.com - November 15, 2017
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017