If you’re looking for a fun place to have a family outing, or a girl’s night out…or any other gathering where you can eat, drink, and play, then you’ll want to check out Main Event Entertainment which opened recently at Pointe Orlando.
I joined a group of area bloggers to check out the place, which sits on the ground floor of the multi-level shopping center, below Regal Cinemas, and there really is something for everyone.
The space is bookended by two sets of bowling lanes. One features blacklighting and CGI-lanes, the other is more VIP with wood lanes and plush seating.
In between the bowling areas, Main Event offers an arcade with everything from video games (I ruled the Walking Dead one) to SkeeBall for prizes. There is a rope adventure course above the games, as well, which challenges all who try (while safely tethered, of course).
One of my favorite areas is the V Play Reality room, which is the Orlando’s only free-roaming, multiplayer virtual reality game. The day we visited, there were two games that alternated with each other: Engineerium, a family-friendly 15-minute puzzle game; and Zombie Survival, an intense VR shooter game pitting your team (you and the other players) against a zombie horde.
Main Event also offers three billiards tables, a shuffleboard table game, and so much more. Like I said…something for everybody.
And if you want to just sit and have drinks, or refuel after an energetic round of bowling, Main Event has you covered there, too.
We sampled several menu items, and they had everything from burgers and pizza to upscale mac-n-cheese and a hummus appetizer. The food was really good…in fact, I’d come here just for dinner and drinks with friends.
Speaking of drinks, Main Event has a full-service bar offering everything from unique cocktails to craft beer. Plenty of non-alcoholic options, too.
As a bonus, they have an Eat & Play Free deal featuring a free fun card with the purchase of entrees from the menu. Signs throughout the venue mentioned other specials and package deals, such as Monday Night Madness (starting at only $10.95 per person).
Plenty of entertainment options, great food and drink, and money-saving deals all add up to Main Event Entertainment being a great place to visit and have fun with family and friends. Next time there’s a rainy day in Orlando, I’m certainly going to head here.
For more information on Main Event Entertainment at Pointe Orlando, please visit mainevent.com.
Disclaimer: I was hosted at a media event. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- Watch the Live Stream of Rivers of Light from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Aug 22 - August 20, 2017
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017