If you’re looking for a fun place to have a family outing, or a girl’s night out…or any other gathering where you can eat, drink, and play, then you’ll want to check out Main Event Entertainment which opened recently at Pointe Orlando.
I joined a group of area bloggers to check out the place, which sits on the ground floor of the multi-level shopping center, below Regal Cinemas, and there really is something for everyone.
The space is bookended by two sets of bowling lanes. One features blacklighting and CGI-lanes, the other is more VIP with wood lanes and plush seating.
In between the bowling areas, Main Event offers an arcade with everything from video games (I ruled the Walking Dead one) to SkeeBall for prizes. There is a rope adventure course above the games, as well, which challenges all who try (while safely tethered, of course).
One of my favorite areas is the V Play Reality room, which is the Orlando’s only free-roaming, multiplayer virtual reality game. The day we visited, there were two games that alternated with each other: Engineerium, a family-friendly 15-minute puzzle game; and Zombie Survival, an intense VR shooter game pitting your team (you and the other players) against a zombie horde.
Main Event also offers three billiards tables, a shuffleboard table game, and so much more. Like I said…something for everybody.
And if you want to just sit and have drinks, or refuel after an energetic round of bowling, Main Event has you covered there, too.
We sampled several menu items, and they had everything from burgers and pizza to upscale mac-n-cheese and a hummus appetizer. The food was really good…in fact, I’d come here just for dinner and drinks with friends.
Speaking of drinks, Main Event has a full-service bar offering everything from unique cocktails to craft beer. Plenty of non-alcoholic options, too.
As a bonus, they have an Eat & Play Free deal featuring a free fun card with the purchase of entrees from the menu. Signs throughout the venue mentioned other specials and package deals, such as Monday Night Madness (starting at only $10.95 per person).
Plenty of entertainment options, great food and drink, and money-saving deals all add up to Main Event Entertainment being a great place to visit and have fun with family and friends. Next time there’s a rainy day in Orlando, I’m certainly going to head here.
For more information on Main Event Entertainment at Pointe Orlando, please visit mainevent.com.
Disclaimer: I was hosted at a media event. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- The Status of CitySurfingOrlando.com - November 15, 2017
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017