If you’re looking for a fun place to have a family outing, or a girl’s night out…or any other gathering where you can eat, drink, and play, then you’ll want to check out Main Event Entertainment which opened recently at Pointe Orlando.
I joined a group of area bloggers to check out the place, which sits on the ground floor of the multi-level shopping center, below Regal Cinemas, and there really is something for everyone.
The space is bookended by two sets of bowling lanes. One features blacklighting and CGI-lanes, the other is more VIP with wood lanes and plush seating.
In between the bowling areas, Main Event offers an arcade with everything from video games (I ruled the Walking Dead one) to SkeeBall for prizes. There is a rope adventure course above the games, as well, which challenges all who try (while safely tethered, of course).
One of my favorite areas is the V Play Reality room, which is the Orlando’s only free-roaming, multiplayer virtual reality game. The day we visited, there were two games that alternated with each other: Engineerium, a family-friendly 15-minute puzzle game; and Zombie Survival, an intense VR shooter game pitting your team (you and the other players) against a zombie horde.
Main Event also offers three billiards tables, a shuffleboard table game, and so much more. Like I said…something for everybody.
And if you want to just sit and have drinks, or refuel after an energetic round of bowling, Main Event has you covered there, too.
We sampled several menu items, and they had everything from burgers and pizza to upscale mac-n-cheese and a hummus appetizer. The food was really good…in fact, I’d come here just for dinner and drinks with friends.
Speaking of drinks, Main Event has a full-service bar offering everything from unique cocktails to craft beer. Plenty of non-alcoholic options, too.
As a bonus, they have an Eat & Play Free deal featuring a free fun card with the purchase of entrees from the menu. Signs throughout the venue mentioned other specials and package deals, such as Monday Night Madness (starting at only $10.95 per person).
Plenty of entertainment options, great food and drink, and money-saving deals all add up to Main Event Entertainment being a great place to visit and have fun with family and friends. Next time there’s a rainy day in Orlando, I’m certainly going to head here.
For more information on Main Event Entertainment at Pointe Orlando, please visit mainevent.com.
Disclaimer: I was hosted at a media event. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Will Raise a Glass to Support UCP of Central Florida Through April 13, 2017 - March 27, 2017
- ‘The Music of Pixar Live!” to Debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Memorial Day Weekend 2017 - March 24, 2017
- Passes Now On Sale for OrlandoiX 2017 at Full Sail University Aug 17-20 - March 23, 2017
- Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour Kicks Off at Disney Springs March 23-26, 2017 - March 22, 2017
- PBA South Open Rolls Into Orlando’s Boardwalk Bowl March 24-26, 2017 - March 21, 2017
- Comedian Chris Rock Brings Total Blackout Tour to Dr Phillips Center April 16 and 17 - March 20, 2017
- Out and About: Millenia 106 offer New American Classics Loaded with Flavor - March 19, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with Complimentary Irish Samplings - March 15, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Returns to Orlando’s Amway Center This Week - March 14, 2017
- Out and About: Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs Brings Flavortown to Orlando - March 13, 2017