If you’re looking for a fun place to have a family outing, or a girl’s night out…or any other gathering where you can eat, drink, and play, then you’ll want to check out Main Event Entertainment which opened recently at Pointe Orlando.
I joined a group of area bloggers to check out the place, which sits on the ground floor of the multi-level shopping center, below Regal Cinemas, and there really is something for everyone.
The space is bookended by two sets of bowling lanes. One features blacklighting and CGI-lanes, the other is more VIP with wood lanes and plush seating.
In between the bowling areas, Main Event offers an arcade with everything from video games (I ruled the Walking Dead one) to SkeeBall for prizes. There is a rope adventure course above the games, as well, which challenges all who try (while safely tethered, of course).
One of my favorite areas is the V Play Reality room, which is the Orlando’s only free-roaming, multiplayer virtual reality game. The day we visited, there were two games that alternated with each other: Engineerium, a family-friendly 15-minute puzzle game; and Zombie Survival, an intense VR shooter game pitting your team (you and the other players) against a zombie horde.
Main Event also offers three billiards tables, a shuffleboard table game, and so much more. Like I said…something for everybody.
And if you want to just sit and have drinks, or refuel after an energetic round of bowling, Main Event has you covered there, too.
We sampled several menu items, and they had everything from burgers and pizza to upscale mac-n-cheese and a hummus appetizer. The food was really good…in fact, I’d come here just for dinner and drinks with friends.
Speaking of drinks, Main Event has a full-service bar offering everything from unique cocktails to craft beer. Plenty of non-alcoholic options, too.
As a bonus, they have an Eat & Play Free deal featuring a free fun card with the purchase of entrees from the menu. Signs throughout the venue mentioned other specials and package deals, such as Monday Night Madness (starting at only $10.95 per person).
Plenty of entertainment options, great food and drink, and money-saving deals all add up to Main Event Entertainment being a great place to visit and have fun with family and friends. Next time there’s a rainy day in Orlando, I’m certainly going to head here.
For more information on Main Event Entertainment at Pointe Orlando, please visit mainevent.com.
Disclaimer: I was hosted at a media event. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- Dragon Challenge Coaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure to Close in September 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Central Florida Krispy Kreme And The Salvation Army Launch Annual #StuffTheBus School Supply Drive - July 25, 2017
- New Thrill Ride Announced for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando - July 24, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up July 24, 2017: Ravenous Pig, Second Harvest Food Bank of CFL, Terralina Crafted Italian, More - July 24, 2017
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017