Orlando Shakespeare Theater, in partnership with UCF, presents F. Scott Fitzgerald’s literary masterpiece, The Great Gatsby, from February 8 – March 26, 2017
When Nick Carraway is befriended by his mysterious neighbor, Jay Gatsby, he is drawn into a glitzy world of lavish parties and secret speakeasies. But as Gatsby’s elusive past is uncovered and his intentions revealed, Nick finds himself a pawn in a love triangle so scandalous, it threatens to destroy all those around him.
This American classic is a poignant examination of prohibition America—exploring the notions of love, morality, identity, and the corruption of the American Dream.
Adapted for stage by Simon Levy, and directed by Anne Hering, this production of The Great Gatsby features Matthew Goodrich as Jay Gatsby; Buddy Haardt as Nick Carraway; Kathryn Miller as Daisy Buchanan, Nick’s cousin and the woman Gatsby loves; and Christian Ryan as Daisy’s wealthy and unfaithful husband, Tom Buchanan.
All performances are in the Margeson Theater at the Orlando Shakespeare Theater (812 E. Rollins St.).
Tickets are $25-$40 for regular performances Wed-Sat at 7:30pm, and Sat-Sun at 2pm. Preview performances (Feb 8 & 9) and Senior Matinees (March 1 & 22) are $13-$25.
Opening Night Party & Pre-Show Chat is Feb 10, and is included with opening night tickets. Arrive at 6:30pm to enjoy free light appetizers, followed by a brief, informative discussion about the creative process with the Director and members of the creative team.
For tickets and more information, visit orlandoshakes.org.
$25 Under 35 Week (March 15-19) – Patrons 34 years old and under can purchase $25 tickets for evening and weekend matinee performances with code word 25UNDER35.
Student Rush – $15 – 30 minutes prior to show w/ valid student ID.
Student and Active/Retired Military – $10 off single ticket prices w/ valid ID (Only available in Price Levels A and B).
[PHOTO: Buddy Haardt as Nick Carraway, Kathryn Miller as Daisy Buchanan, and Matthew Goodrich as Jay Gatsby star in Orlando Shakespeare Theater’s production of The Great Gatsby. Photo by Luke Evans; taken at The Ballroom at Church Street.]
- Dragon Challenge Coaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure to Close in September 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Central Florida Krispy Kreme And The Salvation Army Launch Annual #StuffTheBus School Supply Drive - July 25, 2017
- New Thrill Ride Announced for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando - July 24, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up July 24, 2017: Ravenous Pig, Second Harvest Food Bank of CFL, Terralina Crafted Italian, More - July 24, 2017
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017