Orlando Shakespeare Theater, in partnership with UCF, presents F. Scott Fitzgerald’s literary masterpiece, The Great Gatsby, from February 8 – March 26, 2017
When Nick Carraway is befriended by his mysterious neighbor, Jay Gatsby, he is drawn into a glitzy world of lavish parties and secret speakeasies. But as Gatsby’s elusive past is uncovered and his intentions revealed, Nick finds himself a pawn in a love triangle so scandalous, it threatens to destroy all those around him.
This American classic is a poignant examination of prohibition America—exploring the notions of love, morality, identity, and the corruption of the American Dream.
Adapted for stage by Simon Levy, and directed by Anne Hering, this production of The Great Gatsby features Matthew Goodrich as Jay Gatsby; Buddy Haardt as Nick Carraway; Kathryn Miller as Daisy Buchanan, Nick’s cousin and the woman Gatsby loves; and Christian Ryan as Daisy’s wealthy and unfaithful husband, Tom Buchanan.
All performances are in the Margeson Theater at the Orlando Shakespeare Theater (812 E. Rollins St.).
Tickets are $25-$40 for regular performances Wed-Sat at 7:30pm, and Sat-Sun at 2pm. Preview performances (Feb 8 & 9) and Senior Matinees (March 1 & 22) are $13-$25.
Opening Night Party & Pre-Show Chat is Feb 10, and is included with opening night tickets. Arrive at 6:30pm to enjoy free light appetizers, followed by a brief, informative discussion about the creative process with the Director and members of the creative team.
For tickets and more information, visit orlandoshakes.org.
$25 Under 35 Week (March 15-19) – Patrons 34 years old and under can purchase $25 tickets for evening and weekend matinee performances with code word 25UNDER35.
Student Rush – $15 – 30 minutes prior to show w/ valid student ID.
Student and Active/Retired Military – $10 off single ticket prices w/ valid ID (Only available in Price Levels A and B).
[PHOTO: Buddy Haardt as Nick Carraway, Kathryn Miller as Daisy Buchanan, and Matthew Goodrich as Jay Gatsby star in Orlando Shakespeare Theater’s production of The Great Gatsby. Photo by Luke Evans; taken at The Ballroom at Church Street.]
- Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 25-26 - February 22, 2017
- An Evening with Elayne Boosler Comes to Dr Phillips Center March 8 - February 21, 2017
- Upcoming Central Florida Food Events for Early Spring 2017 - February 20, 2017
- Out and About: Paddlefish Elevates Waterfront Dining at Disney Springs - February 19, 2017
- Headlining Acts Announced for 2017 Garden Rocks Concert Series at Epcot - February 18, 2017
- Lady Gaga Brings Joanne World Tour to Amalie Arena in Tampa Dec 1, 2017 - February 17, 2017
- 138th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 17-19 - February 15, 2017
- Rivers of Light to Open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Feb 17, 2017 - February 14, 2017
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater Presents Love’s Labour’s Lost Starting Feb 22, 2017 - February 13, 2017
- Walt Disney World Raises Ticket Prices Again Starting Today Feb 12, 2017 - February 12, 2017