If you’re a foodie, Chroma Modern Bar + Kitchen has been on your radar. If it isn’t, let me tell you why it should be on your list.
We visited Chroma, which is located in Lake Nona, for dinner on a Thursday night, and after seating us, the server told us the restaurant offers small plates to share, and he recommended ordering 2-3 dishes per person.
Looking around, I liked the decor of the dining area, except the lights were so low we had to use our cell phones to read the menu. We noticed a few other diners doing the same thing during the course of our meal.
We decided to try a variety of dishes to get a good representation of the menu.
The first plate that arrived was Flash-Fried Goat Cheese served with organic honey. The cheese was lightly breaded, so it was crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside, and with the honey it made a perfect starter dish.
Next we tried a few of the dishes that were recommended to us. From the “Three-Bite Sliders” section of the menu, we enjoyed the Chroma Burger sliders. The burger was actually a short rib patty, topped with cheddar cheese, bourbon onions, bacon jam, and dill pickles, and served on a brioche roll. They were actually bigger than normal sliders, and full of flavor. I would definitely get these again.
We also tried the Smoked Pulled Pork sliders which were topped with jicama slaw and shishito aioli, and served on a sourdough bun. They were a little dry, but still tasty. For our chicken dish, we tried the Chicken Satay, served with a peanut sauce. The grilled chicken was served on skewers, and had a nice spiced flavor to it.
Our final dish, Grilled New York Strip, was cooked to order and served sliced on a bed of broccoli greens and carmelized stone fruit, and topped with fried onions. If you have a craving for a good steak, definitely order this.
Despite all the delicious food on the small plates menu, you’ll want to save room for dessert. Thankfully, they are miniature-sized, and just enough to finish a meal on a sweet note. The server brought a display to the table, and we chose the Toffee Bread Pudding and the Apple Cobbler, each served with a small scoop of Salted Caramel Gelato. The bread pudding had a rich sweet flavor, and the cobbler tasted like fresh cut apples.
Chroma has a fully stocked bar, but they also have a nice selection of non-alcoholic beverages that aren’t just water, including hand crafted sodas and infused lemonade and iced teas. We tried the Sour Berry Cooler (a tangy sweet mixture of house lemonade, blueberry nectar, and sparkling water), and Black Cherry Soda (black cherry nectar with a hint of lime, and sparkling water, garnished with brandied cherries). Both complemented our food perfectly.
We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner – the dishes were delicious, and there was an attention to detail with the ingredients that elevated each choice we made. Best of all, the average price per dish is $7-$10, so it’s perfect for the foodie that wants to enjoy great food without a huge bill at the end.
I definitely plan to return. Yum!
Chroma Modern Bar + Kitchen is located at 6967 Lake Nona Blvd (just south of the 417) in Lake Nona. Parking is free in the neighboring garage that also becomes a dinner show at night.
For more information, visit chromalakenona.com. Then go visit the restaurant – you will love it!
Disclaimer: We were hosted for purpose of a review. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- Out and About: Otronicon 2018 at the Orlando Science Center Proves STEM is Fun - January 16, 2018
- BIG Something to Play The Social in Orlando on January 17, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT® Returns to Amway Center with Action-Packed Card February 24, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Teams for the Pro Bowl Game in Orlando January 28, 2018 #ProBowlOrlando #ThisIsOrlando - January 14, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Returns Rescued Manatees to Natural Habitat this Week - January 13, 2018
- UCF School of Performing Arts Releases List of Jan-April 2018 Events #artsatUCF - January 12, 2018
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium Host Florida Birds of Prey Weekend Jan 13-15, 2018 - January 11, 2018