Silver Spurs Rodeo is a family tradition in Kissimmee, and it returns to the Silver Spurs Arena for its 138th edition the weekend of Feb 17-19, 2017.
Silver Spurs Rodeo is the largest rodeo east of the Mississippi, and is the work of the Silver Spurs Riding Club, an all-volunteer organization started in 1941 by Osceola County ranchers. They began the rodeo in 1944, selling war bonds as admission to raise funds for our military.
The rodeo is still going strong, and offers competitions of various talents, including Bull Riding, Bronc Riding, Barrel Racing, Steer Wrestling, and Team Roping, with real rodeo cowboys and cowgirls competing for an entire year of bragging rights, and $70,000 in prize money.
Tickets are $15 per person, with kids 10 and under free. Friday, February 17th, is Rodeo Day in Osceola County, which means all Osceola County students will receive free admission when they present their Osceola County school ID.
Show time are February 17th and 18th at 7:30pm, and February 19th at 2pm.
All Silver Spurs Rodeo tickets include admission to the Osceola County Fair, which runs from through the 19th, adjacent to the arena.
The Silver Spurs Rodeo is held at the Silver Spurs Arena at Osceola Heritage Park in Kissimmee. For more information, or to purchase advance tickets, visit silverspursrodeo.com or call 407-67-RODEO (76336).
- Dragon Challenge Coaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure to Close in September 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Central Florida Krispy Kreme And The Salvation Army Launch Annual #StuffTheBus School Supply Drive - July 25, 2017
- New Thrill Ride Announced for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando - July 24, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up July 24, 2017: Ravenous Pig, Second Harvest Food Bank of CFL, Terralina Crafted Italian, More - July 24, 2017
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017