To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the classic album, The Joshua Tree, U2 will do a limited stadium tour this summer, which will include dates in Tampa and Miami.
Each show of U2: The Joshua Tree Tour will include a performance of The Joshua Tree album in its entirety. The recording earned acclaim from fans and critics alike when it was released March 9, 1987.
Featuring hit singles “With Or Without You”,”I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” and “Where The Streets Have No Name”, The Joshua Tree was U2’s first #1 album in the U.S. It still remains one of the best albums in the band’s catalog.
In a press release regarding the tour, lead vocalist Bono stated: “Recently I listened back to The Joshua Tree for the first time in nearly 30 years… it’s quite an opera. A lot of emotions which feel strangely current: love, loss, broken dreams, seeking oblivion, polarisation… all the greats… I’ve sung some of these songs a lot… but never all of them. I’m up for it, if our audience is as excited as we are… it’s gonna be a great night.”
Guitarist The Edge echoed that sentiment in the press release: “It seems like we have come full circle from when The Joshua Tree songs were originally written, with global upheaval, extreme right wing politics and some fundamental human rights at risk. To celebrate the album – as the songs seem so relevant and prescient of these times too – we decided to do these shows, it feels right for now. We’re looking forward to it.”
U2: The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 will play Hard Rock Stadium in Miami on June 11, followed by a June 14 show at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. Tickets are $35 and up for both dates.
OneRepublic will open on both dates.
Tickets go on sale Tuesday, January 17th in the US and Canada via livenation.com.
There is an exclusive priority presale for U2 Subscribers at U2.com from Wednesday, January 11th (9am) through Friday, January 13th (5pm) local times.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links. They do not add any cost to your purchase but they help keep this site running. Thanks!
- Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 25-26 - February 22, 2017
- An Evening with Elayne Boosler Comes to Dr Phillips Center March 8 - February 21, 2017
- Upcoming Central Florida Food Events for Early Spring 2017 - February 20, 2017
- Out and About: Paddlefish Elevates Waterfront Dining at Disney Springs - February 19, 2017
- Headlining Acts Announced for 2017 Garden Rocks Concert Series at Epcot - February 18, 2017
- Lady Gaga Brings Joanne World Tour to Amalie Arena in Tampa Dec 1, 2017 - February 17, 2017
- 138th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 17-19 - February 15, 2017
- Rivers of Light to Open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Feb 17, 2017 - February 14, 2017
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater Presents Love’s Labour’s Lost Starting Feb 22, 2017 - February 13, 2017
- Walt Disney World Raises Ticket Prices Again Starting Today Feb 12, 2017 - February 12, 2017