To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the classic album, The Joshua Tree, U2 will do a limited stadium tour this summer, which will include dates in Tampa and Miami.
Each show of U2: The Joshua Tree Tour will include a performance of The Joshua Tree album in its entirety. The recording earned acclaim from fans and critics alike when it was released March 9, 1987.
Featuring hit singles “With Or Without You”,”I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” and “Where The Streets Have No Name”, The Joshua Tree was U2’s first #1 album in the U.S. It still remains one of the best albums in the band’s catalog.
In a press release regarding the tour, lead vocalist Bono stated: “Recently I listened back to The Joshua Tree for the first time in nearly 30 years… it’s quite an opera. A lot of emotions which feel strangely current: love, loss, broken dreams, seeking oblivion, polarisation… all the greats… I’ve sung some of these songs a lot… but never all of them. I’m up for it, if our audience is as excited as we are… it’s gonna be a great night.”
Guitarist The Edge echoed that sentiment in the press release: “It seems like we have come full circle from when The Joshua Tree songs were originally written, with global upheaval, extreme right wing politics and some fundamental human rights at risk. To celebrate the album – as the songs seem so relevant and prescient of these times too – we decided to do these shows, it feels right for now. We’re looking forward to it.”
U2: The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 will play Hard Rock Stadium in Miami on June 11, followed by a June 14 show at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. Tickets are $35 and up for both dates.
OneRepublic will open on both dates.
Tickets go on sale Tuesday, January 17th in the US and Canada via livenation.com.
There is an exclusive priority presale for U2 Subscribers at U2.com from Wednesday, January 11th (9am) through Friday, January 13th (5pm) local times.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links. They do not add any cost to your purchase but they help keep this site running. Thanks!
- Orlando Science Center Opens Registration For Winter Break Camps - December 18, 2017
- Aloma Bowling Centers Offering Winter All Access Pass Through January 2018 - December 17, 2017
- Gaylord Palms Resort Makes “Kiss-Story” By Breaking GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS Title - December 16, 2017
- LEGOland Florida Offers VIP Experience During the Holidays - December 15, 2017
- Visit Orlando Announces Orlando’s Signature Dish - December 14, 2017
- 2017 Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Crowned by Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando - December 13, 2017
- Skydiving Santas Return to Cocoa Beach Pier December 16, 2017 - December 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Releases Details on the Disney Skyliner System Stations - December 11, 2017
- MetroWest Hosts Free WinterFest Dec 9, 2017 - December 7, 2017
- Marvel Character Dinner Coming to Universal Orlando in December 2017 - December 6, 2017