The legendary Stevie Nicks brings her hit 24 Karat Gold Tour with special guests Pretenders to the Amway Center in Orlando on March 21, 2017.
Nicks is a multi-platinum selling artist who has been dubbed “the reigning queen of rock and roll” by Rolling Stone Magazine. She rose to prominence as a member of Fleetwood Mac, her vocals gracing hits such as “Rhiannon,” “Landslide,” and “Dreams.”
In the 80s, Nicks flourished as a solo artist. Her 1981 release Belladona featured hit duets with Tom Petty (“Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around”) and Don Henley (“Leather and Lace”), along with the iconic “Edge of Seventeen.”
Her next two albums – 1983’s Wild Heart and 1985’s Rock A Little – topped the charts with singles like “Stand Back,” “If Anyone Falls,” “Talk to Me,” and “I Can’t Wait.”
Collectively as a solo artist and Fleetwood Mac band member, Nicks has sold over 140 million albums and won several Grammys, as well as becoming a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with Fleetwood Mac.
Her most recent release, 2014’s 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault, features new versions of demos, plus a cover of close friend Vanessa Carlton’s “Carousel.” She cameoed on American Horror Story: Coven the same year.
For more information on Stevie Nicks, visit stevienicksofficial.com.
Special guests Pretenders cross the bridge between punk, new wave and Top 40 pop music, with hit songs like “I’ll Stand By You,” “Back On The Chain Gang,” and “Don’t Get Me Wrong.” The band has sold over 25 million albums and founder & leader Chrissie Hynde is considered one of contemporary music’s greatest songwriters.
The band released their newest album, Alone, earlier this year, and it is the band’s first in eight years. Hynde recorded the album in Nashville with Dan Auerbach, from The Black Keys, who stood as captain, producer and multi-instrumentalist on the record.
Hynde also released a 2015 memoir, Reckless: My Life As a Pretender, hailed by the New York Times upon its release as “honest and distinctive…first and foremost, a love letter to rock and roll.”
For more information on the Pretenders, visit thepretenders.com.
Tickets go on sale today and are priced from $46 to $146.50. They are available at amwaycenter.com, at the venue box office, by phone at 800.745.3000, and at Ticketmaster.com.
Disclaimer: This post uses affiliate links. These add nothing to the cost of your purchase, but help us maintain this site.
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Concert Line-Up for 2017 Food & Wine Fest - February 24, 2017
- Central Florida Fair Returns to Orlando Mar 2-19, 2017 - February 23, 2017
- Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 25-26 - February 22, 2017
- An Evening with Elayne Boosler Comes to Dr Phillips Center March 8 - February 21, 2017
- Upcoming Central Florida Food Events for Early Spring 2017 - February 20, 2017
- Out and About: Paddlefish Elevates Waterfront Dining at Disney Springs - February 19, 2017
- Headlining Acts Announced for 2017 Garden Rocks Concert Series at Epcot - February 18, 2017
- Lady Gaga Brings Joanne World Tour to Amalie Arena in Tampa Dec 1, 2017 - February 17, 2017
- 138th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 17-19 - February 15, 2017
- Rivers of Light to Open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Feb 17, 2017 - February 14, 2017