The legendary Stevie Nicks brings her hit 24 Karat Gold Tour with special guests Pretenders to the Amway Center in Orlando on March 21, 2017.
Nicks is a multi-platinum selling artist who has been dubbed “the reigning queen of rock and roll” by Rolling Stone Magazine. She rose to prominence as a member of Fleetwood Mac, her vocals gracing hits such as “Rhiannon,” “Landslide,” and “Dreams.”
In the 80s, Nicks flourished as a solo artist. Her 1981 release Belladona featured hit duets with Tom Petty (“Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around”) and Don Henley (“Leather and Lace”), along with the iconic “Edge of Seventeen.”
Her next two albums – 1983’s Wild Heart and 1985’s Rock A Little – topped the charts with singles like “Stand Back,” “If Anyone Falls,” “Talk to Me,” and “I Can’t Wait.”
Collectively as a solo artist and Fleetwood Mac band member, Nicks has sold over 140 million albums and won several Grammys, as well as becoming a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with Fleetwood Mac.
Her most recent release, 2014’s 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault, features new versions of demos, plus a cover of close friend Vanessa Carlton’s “Carousel.” She cameoed on American Horror Story: Coven the same year.
For more information on Stevie Nicks, visit stevienicksofficial.com.
Special guests Pretenders cross the bridge between punk, new wave and Top 40 pop music, with hit songs like “I’ll Stand By You,” “Back On The Chain Gang,” and “Don’t Get Me Wrong.” The band has sold over 25 million albums and founder & leader Chrissie Hynde is considered one of contemporary music’s greatest songwriters.
The band released their newest album, Alone, earlier this year, and it is the band’s first in eight years. Hynde recorded the album in Nashville with Dan Auerbach, from The Black Keys, who stood as captain, producer and multi-instrumentalist on the record.
Hynde also released a 2015 memoir, Reckless: My Life As a Pretender, hailed by the New York Times upon its release as “honest and distinctive…first and foremost, a love letter to rock and roll.”
For more information on the Pretenders, visit thepretenders.com.
Tickets go on sale today and are priced from $46 to $146.50. They are available at amwaycenter.com, at the venue box office, by phone at 800.745.3000, and at Ticketmaster.com.
Disclaimer: This post uses affiliate links. These add nothing to the cost of your purchase, but help us maintain this site.
- Out and About: Nine Spices Serves Up Delicious Hotpot Near Universal Orlando - May 23, 2017
- LEGOLAND Florida to Offer $99 Annual Awesomer Pass Sale May 26-29, 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up May 21, 2017: Portobello, The Halal Guys, Tijuana Flats - May 21, 2017
- The Shining is Coming to Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 27 - May 20, 2017
- Sesame Street Land is Coming to SeaWorld Orlando By Fall 2022 - May 19, 2017
- Ace Cafe Orlando Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 19-21, 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns To Amaze And Entertain May 16-29, 2017 - May 14, 2017
- Orlando Thanks Visitors in a Guinness World Records Way for Making it No. 1 Destination in U.S. #OrlandosBIGThankYou - May 13, 2017
- Orange County Library System Spring Book Sale Takes Place May 18-21, 2017 - May 11, 2017
- Mennello Museum of Art Hosts Our Orlando Local Art Show May 19-June 18, 2017 - May 10, 2017