The legendary Stevie Nicks brings her hit 24 Karat Gold Tour with special guests Pretenders to the Amway Center in Orlando on March 21, 2017.
Nicks is a multi-platinum selling artist who has been dubbed “the reigning queen of rock and roll” by Rolling Stone Magazine. She rose to prominence as a member of Fleetwood Mac, her vocals gracing hits such as “Rhiannon,” “Landslide,” and “Dreams.”
In the 80s, Nicks flourished as a solo artist. Her 1981 release Belladona featured hit duets with Tom Petty (“Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around”) and Don Henley (“Leather and Lace”), along with the iconic “Edge of Seventeen.”
Her next two albums – 1983’s Wild Heart and 1985’s Rock A Little – topped the charts with singles like “Stand Back,” “If Anyone Falls,” “Talk to Me,” and “I Can’t Wait.”
Collectively as a solo artist and Fleetwood Mac band member, Nicks has sold over 140 million albums and won several Grammys, as well as becoming a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with Fleetwood Mac.
Her most recent release, 2014’s 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault, features new versions of demos, plus a cover of close friend Vanessa Carlton’s “Carousel.” She cameoed on American Horror Story: Coven the same year.
For more information on Stevie Nicks, visit stevienicksofficial.com.
Special guests Pretenders cross the bridge between punk, new wave and Top 40 pop music, with hit songs like “I’ll Stand By You,” “Back On The Chain Gang,” and “Don’t Get Me Wrong.” The band has sold over 25 million albums and founder & leader Chrissie Hynde is considered one of contemporary music’s greatest songwriters.
The band released their newest album, Alone, earlier this year, and it is the band’s first in eight years. Hynde recorded the album in Nashville with Dan Auerbach, from The Black Keys, who stood as captain, producer and multi-instrumentalist on the record.
Hynde also released a 2015 memoir, Reckless: My Life As a Pretender, hailed by the New York Times upon its release as “honest and distinctive…first and foremost, a love letter to rock and roll.”
For more information on the Pretenders, visit thepretenders.com.
Tickets go on sale today and are priced from $46 to $146.50. They are available at amwaycenter.com, at the venue box office, by phone at 800.745.3000, and at Ticketmaster.com.
Disclaimer: This post uses affiliate links. These add nothing to the cost of your purchase, but help us maintain this site.
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017