An American in Paris, the most awarded new musical of 2015 and winner of four Tony Awards, comes to Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts December 13 -18, 2016.
Inspired by the 1951 Academy Award-winning film of the same name, An American in Paris is the romantic story about an American soldier and a mysterious French girl, in the European City of Love, each yearning for a new beginning in the aftermath of war.
Directed and choreographed by 2015 Tony Award-winner Christopher Wheeldon, the show features the music and lyrics of George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin, and a book by Craig Lucas.
An American in Paris won four 2015 Tony Awards, four Drama Desk Awards, four Outer Critics Circle Awards, the Drama League Award for Best Musical, three Fred and Adele Astaire Awards, and two Theatre World Awards. The Masterworks Broadway Original Broadway Cast recording was nominated for the Best Musical Theater Album Grammy Award.
For more information on the musical, visit anamericaninparisbroadway.com.
Tickets for An American in Paris start at $33.75, and can be purchased at drphillipscenter.org, by calling 844.513.2014, or by visiting the Dr. Phillips Center Box Office. Online and phone ticket purchases are subject to handling fees.
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Offering Tito’s Vodka Bottle Engravings June 30-July 2 - June 25, 2017
- Holler and Dash to Host Biscuits and Brews Evening Event on June 29 - June 24, 2017
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017