An American in Paris, the most awarded new musical of 2015 and winner of four Tony Awards, comes to Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts December 13 -18, 2016.
Inspired by the 1951 Academy Award-winning film of the same name, An American in Paris is the romantic story about an American soldier and a mysterious French girl, in the European City of Love, each yearning for a new beginning in the aftermath of war.
Directed and choreographed by 2015 Tony Award-winner Christopher Wheeldon, the show features the music and lyrics of George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin, and a book by Craig Lucas.
An American in Paris won four 2015 Tony Awards, four Drama Desk Awards, four Outer Critics Circle Awards, the Drama League Award for Best Musical, three Fred and Adele Astaire Awards, and two Theatre World Awards. The Masterworks Broadway Original Broadway Cast recording was nominated for the Best Musical Theater Album Grammy Award.
For more information on the musical, visit anamericaninparisbroadway.com.
Tickets for An American in Paris start at $33.75, and can be purchased at drphillipscenter.org, by calling 844.513.2014, or by visiting the Dr. Phillips Center Box Office. Online and phone ticket purchases are subject to handling fees.
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers and Their Monster Trucks on January 19 For Free - January 18, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Billy Crystal Feb 1 - January 16, 2017
- Out and About: Wicked Casts Its Magic Over the Dr Phillips Center - January 13, 2017
- Praise Wave Christian Music Fest Returns to SeaWorld Orlando January 2017 - January 12, 2017
- U2: The Joshua Tree Tour Hits Florida for Two Shows Summer 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Florida Georgia Line to Play Amway Center January 28 - January 9, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Elayne Boosler March 8 - January 8, 2017
- Billy Joel to Rock Amway Center in Orlando January 27 - January 7, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up January 6 2017: The Meatball Stoppe, Culver’s, PB&G at Four Seasons - January 6, 2017
- Wicked Returns to Dr Phillips Center Jan 11-29 - January 5, 2017