Master Sommelier George Miliotes is bringing his renowned expertise to Disney Springs with the opening of Wine Bar George, and this week was the official groundbreaking on the site.
The ceremony even featured an inaugural champagne toast, with the bottles opened with a flourish by sabering.
Miliotes is one of only 230 worldwide industry professionals certified by the Court of Master Sommeliers, and the venue is set to be the only master sommelier-led wine bar in Florida.
Wine Bar George will offer wines from around the world, including an unparalleled wine list consisting of more than 100 selections, and a menu featuring small plates, cheeses and charcuterie.
It also marks Miliotes’s return to Walt Disney World Resort. He was part of the opening team of California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and managed the venue for seven years.
Wine Bar George will be based in The Landing neighborhood of Disney Springs, and is set for a Fall 2017 opening.
- Paul McCartney to Bring #OneonOne Tour to Tampa and Miami June 2017 - April 27, 2017
- Dancers Julianne and Derek Hough Bring 2017 Tour to Dr Phillips Center May 16 - April 26, 2017
- Wild Florida Launches First Annual Gator Week May 2017 - April 24, 2017
- Rock & Brews Opens Second Central Florida Location in Orlando April 24 - April 21, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Eddie Money April 27 - April 20, 2017
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Hosts Jake’s Beer Dinner April 28 - April 19, 2017
- Out and About: Create Your Nature Offers Healthy Delicious Food in Winter Park #getyourbowlon - April 18, 2017
- Six Orlando Restaurants to be Featured on Upcoming ‘Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives’ Episodes - April 17, 2017
- Walt Disney World Announces Dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - April 16, 2017
- Planet Fitness Offers Free HydroMassage to Soothe Tax Day Stress April 15-22, 2017 - April 15, 2017