Master Sommelier George Miliotes is bringing his renowned expertise to Disney Springs with the opening of Wine Bar George, and this week was the official groundbreaking on the site.
The ceremony even featured an inaugural champagne toast, with the bottles opened with a flourish by sabering.
Miliotes is one of only 230 worldwide industry professionals certified by the Court of Master Sommeliers, and the venue is set to be the only master sommelier-led wine bar in Florida.
Wine Bar George will offer wines from around the world, including an unparalleled wine list consisting of more than 100 selections, and a menu featuring small plates, cheeses and charcuterie.
It also marks Miliotes’s return to Walt Disney World Resort. He was part of the opening team of California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and managed the venue for seven years.
Wine Bar George will be based in The Landing neighborhood of Disney Springs, and is set for a Fall 2017 opening.
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Offering Tito’s Vodka Bottle Engravings June 30-July 2 - June 25, 2017
- Holler and Dash to Host Biscuits and Brews Evening Event on June 29 - June 24, 2017
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017