Master Sommelier George Miliotes is bringing his renowned expertise to Disney Springs with the opening of Wine Bar George, and this week was the official groundbreaking on the site.
The ceremony even featured an inaugural champagne toast, with the bottles opened with a flourish by sabering.
Miliotes is one of only 230 worldwide industry professionals certified by the Court of Master Sommeliers, and the venue is set to be the only master sommelier-led wine bar in Florida.
Wine Bar George will offer wines from around the world, including an unparalleled wine list consisting of more than 100 selections, and a menu featuring small plates, cheeses and charcuterie.
It also marks Miliotes’s return to Walt Disney World Resort. He was part of the opening team of California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and managed the venue for seven years.
Wine Bar George will be based in The Landing neighborhood of Disney Springs, and is set for a Fall 2017 opening.
- ‘The Music of Pixar Live!” to Debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Memorial Day Weekend 2017 - March 24, 2017
- Passes Now On Sale for OrlandoiX 2017 at Full Sail University Aug 17-20 - March 23, 2017
- Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour Kicks Off at Disney Springs March 23-26, 2017 - March 22, 2017
- PBA South Open Rolls Into Orlando’s Boardwalk Bowl March 24-26, 2017 - March 21, 2017
- Comedian Chris Rock Brings Total Blackout Tour to Dr Phillips Center April 16 and 17 - March 20, 2017
- Out and About: Millenia 106 offer New American Classics Loaded with Flavor - March 19, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with Complimentary Irish Samplings - March 15, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Returns to Orlando’s Amway Center This Week - March 14, 2017
- Out and About: Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs Brings Flavortown to Orlando - March 13, 2017
- Osceola Council on Aging Hosts March for Meals 5K Run & Walk March 18, 2017 - March 12, 2017