Master Sommelier George Miliotes is bringing his renowned expertise to Disney Springs with the opening of Wine Bar George, and this week was the official groundbreaking on the site.
The ceremony even featured an inaugural champagne toast, with the bottles opened with a flourish by sabering.
Miliotes is one of only 230 worldwide industry professionals certified by the Court of Master Sommeliers, and the venue is set to be the only master sommelier-led wine bar in Florida.
Wine Bar George will offer wines from around the world, including an unparalleled wine list consisting of more than 100 selections, and a menu featuring small plates, cheeses and charcuterie.
It also marks Miliotes’s return to Walt Disney World Resort. He was part of the opening team of California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and managed the venue for seven years.
Wine Bar George will be based in The Landing neighborhood of Disney Springs, and is set for a Fall 2017 opening.
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017
- Sonny’s BBQ Hosts Pulled Pork Palooza Oct 12 for #NationalPulledPorkDay - October 10, 2017
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes to Perform Benefit Show at Hard Rock Live Orlando - October 9, 2017
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater Announces Titles for PlayFest 2017 - October 5, 2017
- Win Tickets to The Americas Cake Fair Oct 13-15, 2017! - October 4, 2017