Master Sommelier George Miliotes is bringing his renowned expertise to Disney Springs with the opening of Wine Bar George, and this week was the official groundbreaking on the site.
The ceremony even featured an inaugural champagne toast, with the bottles opened with a flourish by sabering.
Miliotes is one of only 230 worldwide industry professionals certified by the Court of Master Sommeliers, and the venue is set to be the only master sommelier-led wine bar in Florida.
Wine Bar George will offer wines from around the world, including an unparalleled wine list consisting of more than 100 selections, and a menu featuring small plates, cheeses and charcuterie.
It also marks Miliotes’s return to Walt Disney World Resort. He was part of the opening team of California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and managed the venue for seven years.
Wine Bar George will be based in The Landing neighborhood of Disney Springs, and is set for a Fall 2017 opening.
- Watch the Live Stream of Rivers of Light from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Aug 22 - August 20, 2017
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017