We’re still a few weeks away from the opening of the revamped Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs, but they’ve released a sneak peek at the new menu.
The revamped menu highlights Planet Hollywood favorites while introducing new dishes from the likes of Chef Guy Fieri.
Returning favorites include the World Famous Chicken Crunch with Creole mustard sauce playfully plated in a chicken-shaped dish; Nachos Grande piled high with chipotle chicken, cheese and black bean sauce, cruda salsa verde, pico de gallo, queso fresco and sour cream; L.A. Lasagna a fried take on this comfort food favorite with Bolognese sauce, roasted garlic cream and tomato basil sauces; and the epic High Roller Platter, an appetizer “best-of” featuring the Chicken Crunch, Texas Tostados, Buffalo Wings, Cheesy Spinach Dip, and Peri-Peri Shrimp served in a uniquely designed Ferris-wheel dish.
Fieri’s contributions are the new “Big Bite Burgers” and “Knuckle Sandwiches” sections of the menu. Highlights include Fieri’s award-winning Bacon Mac-N-Cheese Burger (with applewood smoked bacon, six-cheese mac-n-cheese, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, crispy onion straws, Fieri’s signature Donkey Sauce, garlic-buttered brioche bun); The Mayor of Flavortown (seasoned pastrami, swiss cheese, caraway slaw, pickles, Dijon mustard and Donkey Sauce on a garlic-buttered pretzel bun); and the Prime Time American Kobe (with American-style kobe beef, smoked gouda, cheddar, caramelized onion jam, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, crispy onion straws, Donkey Sauce, garlic-buttered brioche bun).
New specialty entrees include Lobster Feast Fra Diavolo (a spaghetti favorite served in a whole lobster shell), and a Sesame Ginger Salmon with cilantro rice. Steak and rib selections – including the 20 ounce, bone-in NY Strip Steak for two served with roasted garlic and herb butter, steak fries and green bean blend – can now be upgraded to “surf & turf” status with the accompaniment of a whole steamed lobster.
Vegetarians will have several choices on the new menu, too, like Fieri’s Morgan’s Veggie (a burger of black and white beans, chickpeas, oats, artichokes, roasted red pepper with cilantro aioli, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, toasted wheat bun), and a Pimento Grilled Cheese (six-cheese mac-n-cheese, pimento cheese, garlic-buttered sourdough).
Other options for guests include a selection of salads like the Citrus Kale, a combination of kale, julienned broccoli, slivered Brussels sprouts and cabbage, feta, grapefruit, oranges, cranberries, sunflowers seeds, agave dressing; and Spinach & Berries with candied walnuts, bleu cheese crumbles and balsamic vinaigrette. Most salads can be adapted to be vegan.
If you still have room in your stomach, the dessert menu includes the Cosmic Cream Challenge (a blind tasting of 12 flavors of house-made ice creams and sorbets); Planet Melt Down (a chocolate hardshell dome, melted tableside by hot chocolate sauce to reveal double chocolate fudge cake, fresh strawberries and whipped cream); and Brownie Sundae Martini (12 decadent chunks of freshly baked brownies layered with six scoops of vanilla and chocolate ice cream with toppings). I would say share these unless you want to be rolled out of the restaurant.
The redesigned Planet Hollywood Observatory now has an all-new Stargazers Lounge featuring Florida craft beers from breweries like Funky Buddha, Bold City, Cigar City, and Swamp Head, and hand-crafted cocktails made with local fresh ingredients, like the Cosmic Mule (New Amsterdam vodka, Limoncino Bottega and ginger-infused syrup).
There will also be beverages served in souvenir vessels including the Halley’s Comet served in a 45 oz. Planet-bowl, and the Planetary Punch Monkey served in a 21 oz. Comet Glass.
We’ll let you know as soon as we hear of an opening date, but if you want more information on the Planet Hollywood Observatory, visit planethollywood.com.
[image courtesy Planet Hollywood]
- ‘The Music of Pixar Live!” to Debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Memorial Day Weekend 2017 - March 24, 2017
- Passes Now On Sale for OrlandoiX 2017 at Full Sail University Aug 17-20 - March 23, 2017
- Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour Kicks Off at Disney Springs March 23-26, 2017 - March 22, 2017
- PBA South Open Rolls Into Orlando’s Boardwalk Bowl March 24-26, 2017 - March 21, 2017
- Comedian Chris Rock Brings Total Blackout Tour to Dr Phillips Center April 16 and 17 - March 20, 2017
- Out and About: Millenia 106 offer New American Classics Loaded with Flavor - March 19, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with Complimentary Irish Samplings - March 15, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Returns to Orlando’s Amway Center This Week - March 14, 2017
- Out and About: Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs Brings Flavortown to Orlando - March 13, 2017
- Osceola Council on Aging Hosts March for Meals 5K Run & Walk March 18, 2017 - March 12, 2017