This week, Universal Parks & Resorts announced highly-themed Nintendo environments would be coming to the Orlando park, as well as Hollywood, and Osaka, Japan.
In May 2015, Universal first announced they would be partnering with Nintendo on future theme park attractions. But not much was revealed about the details.
The announcement this week stated the creative visionaries behind Nintendo’s legendary worlds and characters are working together with the creative teams behind Universal’s blockbuster theme park attractions to bring the characters, action and adventure of Nintendo video games to life within Universal theme parks.
They will be highly themed and authentic environments filled with multiple attractions, shops and restaurants. Guests will feel as if they are playing inside their favorite games, regardless of their age or gaming experience level.
Planning and creative work on these areas is well underway, and they will open separately over the next several years. No timeline was given for the Orlando opening.
Shigeru Miyamoto, of Nintendo, and Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative, recently sat down to talk about the two teams working together in this Universal video:
Honestly, this isn’t much more information than we were originally given last year, but at least this announcement shows the Nintendo collaboration has come to the forefront of Universal expansion projects.
Are you excited for a Nintendo area at Universal Orlando?
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers and Their Monster Trucks on January 19 For Free - January 18, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Billy Crystal Feb 1 - January 16, 2017
- Out and About: Wicked Casts Its Magic Over the Dr Phillips Center - January 13, 2017
- Praise Wave Christian Music Fest Returns to SeaWorld Orlando January 2017 - January 12, 2017
- U2: The Joshua Tree Tour Hits Florida for Two Shows Summer 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Florida Georgia Line to Play Amway Center January 28 - January 9, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Elayne Boosler March 8 - January 8, 2017
- Billy Joel to Rock Amway Center in Orlando January 27 - January 7, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up January 6 2017: The Meatball Stoppe, Culver’s, PB&G at Four Seasons - January 6, 2017
- Wicked Returns to Dr Phillips Center Jan 11-29 - January 5, 2017