Christmas at Gaylord Palms is in full swing for the 2016 holiday season, and the centerpiece of the celebration is ICE!, which this year tells the story of A Charlie Brown Christmas.
Carved out of more than 2 million pounds of ice by artisans flown in from China, the classic Christmas tale is told in life-sized full-color ice creations.
A Charlie Brown Christmas has been a favorite holiday show since I was a child, so I loved seeing all the details that were worked into the frozen vignettes. Right down to the glasses on Marcie’s face and the Christmas list in Charlie Brown’s hand.
In the middle of the stroll through through the attraction sits four slides made of ice, so kids of all ages can take a break and have some fun. The slides were surrounded by various Peanuts characters, including Schroeder and his piano.
The final scene in the ice version of A Charlie Brown Christmas shows Chuck and Snoopy in front of the tree, surrounded by their friends singing, just as the TV special ends.
I think this might be my favorite year of ICE! yet!
And of course, just before exiting the frozen wonderland, the last room features the Nativity scene carved out of clear ice, with an angel watching over.
Christmas at Gaylord Palms, including ICE!, runs daily through January 1, 2017. Advance tickets are $28.99 for adults/$26.99 seniors 55+/$14.99 children 4-12, with prices slightly higher at the box office. There are also combo tickets that include the Apine Rush Snow Tubing attraction starting at $45.99 for adults/$43.99 seniors 55+/$29.99 children 4-12/$19.99 children 3 and under.
If you plan to visit ICE!, it is kept at a chilly 9 degrees, so wear long pants, closed toe shoes, and, if you have them, gloves and scarfs. Gaylord does provide loaner parkas, so it’s not necessary to wear jackets.
For tickets or information on packages including rooms, visit christmasatgaylordpalms.com.
Disclaimer: I got to experience Christmas at Gaylord Palms during a media event. As always, my opinions are my own, and honest.
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017
- 139th Silver Spurs Rodeo Teams with Free School’s Out Blow Out June 2-3, 2017 - May 26, 2017