Christmas at Gaylord Palms is in full swing for the 2016 holiday season, and the centerpiece of the celebration is ICE!, which this year tells the story of A Charlie Brown Christmas.
Carved out of more than 2 million pounds of ice by artisans flown in from China, the classic Christmas tale is told in life-sized full-color ice creations.
A Charlie Brown Christmas has been a favorite holiday show since I was a child, so I loved seeing all the details that were worked into the frozen vignettes. Right down to the glasses on Marcie’s face and the Christmas list in Charlie Brown’s hand.
In the middle of the stroll through through the attraction sits four slides made of ice, so kids of all ages can take a break and have some fun. The slides were surrounded by various Peanuts characters, including Schroeder and his piano.
The final scene in the ice version of A Charlie Brown Christmas shows Chuck and Snoopy in front of the tree, surrounded by their friends singing, just as the TV special ends.
I think this might be my favorite year of ICE! yet!
And of course, just before exiting the frozen wonderland, the last room features the Nativity scene carved out of clear ice, with an angel watching over.
Christmas at Gaylord Palms, including ICE!, runs daily through January 1, 2017. Advance tickets are $28.99 for adults/$26.99 seniors 55+/$14.99 children 4-12, with prices slightly higher at the box office. There are also combo tickets that include the Apine Rush Snow Tubing attraction starting at $45.99 for adults/$43.99 seniors 55+/$29.99 children 4-12/$19.99 children 3 and under.
If you plan to visit ICE!, it is kept at a chilly 9 degrees, so wear long pants, closed toe shoes, and, if you have them, gloves and scarfs. Gaylord does provide loaner parkas, so it’s not necessary to wear jackets.
For tickets or information on packages including rooms, visit christmasatgaylordpalms.com.
Disclaimer: I got to experience Christmas at Gaylord Palms during a media event. As always, my opinions are my own, and honest.
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Concert Line-Up for 2017 Food & Wine Fest - February 24, 2017
- Central Florida Fair Returns to Orlando Mar 2-19, 2017 - February 23, 2017
- Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 25-26 - February 22, 2017
- An Evening with Elayne Boosler Comes to Dr Phillips Center March 8 - February 21, 2017
- Upcoming Central Florida Food Events for Early Spring 2017 - February 20, 2017
- Out and About: Paddlefish Elevates Waterfront Dining at Disney Springs - February 19, 2017
- Headlining Acts Announced for 2017 Garden Rocks Concert Series at Epcot - February 18, 2017
- Lady Gaga Brings Joanne World Tour to Amalie Arena in Tampa Dec 1, 2017 - February 17, 2017
- 138th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 17-19 - February 15, 2017
- Rivers of Light to Open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Feb 17, 2017 - February 14, 2017