Christmas at Gaylord Palms is in full swing for the 2016 holiday season, and the centerpiece of the celebration is ICE!, which this year tells the story of A Charlie Brown Christmas.
Carved out of more than 2 million pounds of ice by artisans flown in from China, the classic Christmas tale is told in life-sized full-color ice creations.
A Charlie Brown Christmas has been a favorite holiday show since I was a child, so I loved seeing all the details that were worked into the frozen vignettes. Right down to the glasses on Marcie’s face and the Christmas list in Charlie Brown’s hand.
In the middle of the stroll through through the attraction sits four slides made of ice, so kids of all ages can take a break and have some fun. The slides were surrounded by various Peanuts characters, including Schroeder and his piano.
The final scene in the ice version of A Charlie Brown Christmas shows Chuck and Snoopy in front of the tree, surrounded by their friends singing, just as the TV special ends.
I think this might be my favorite year of ICE! yet!
And of course, just before exiting the frozen wonderland, the last room features the Nativity scene carved out of clear ice, with an angel watching over.
Christmas at Gaylord Palms, including ICE!, runs daily through January 1, 2017. Advance tickets are $28.99 for adults/$26.99 seniors 55+/$14.99 children 4-12, with prices slightly higher at the box office. There are also combo tickets that include the Apine Rush Snow Tubing attraction starting at $45.99 for adults/$43.99 seniors 55+/$29.99 children 4-12/$19.99 children 3 and under.
If you plan to visit ICE!, it is kept at a chilly 9 degrees, so wear long pants, closed toe shoes, and, if you have them, gloves and scarfs. Gaylord does provide loaner parkas, so it’s not necessary to wear jackets.
For tickets or information on packages including rooms, visit christmasatgaylordpalms.com.
Disclaimer: I got to experience Christmas at Gaylord Palms during a media event. As always, my opinions are my own, and honest.
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Science Night Live! Craft Beer Edition June 3, 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Out and About: Nine Spices Serves Up Delicious Hotpot Near Universal Orlando - May 23, 2017
- LEGOLAND Florida to Offer $99 Annual Awesomer Pass Sale May 26-29, 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up May 21, 2017: Portobello, The Halal Guys, Tijuana Flats - May 21, 2017
- The Shining is Coming to Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 27 - May 20, 2017
- Sesame Street Land is Coming to SeaWorld Orlando By Fall 2022 - May 19, 2017
- Ace Cafe Orlando Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 19-21, 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns To Amaze And Entertain May 16-29, 2017 - May 14, 2017
- Orlando Thanks Visitors in a Guinness World Records Way for Making it No. 1 Destination in U.S. #OrlandosBIGThankYou - May 13, 2017
- Orange County Library System Spring Book Sale Takes Place May 18-21, 2017 - May 11, 2017