Christmas at Gaylord Palms is a great time to visit the resort, with several shows and attractions that will make you feel like it’s the holidays.
Yesterday, I told you all about this year’s ICE! attraction, featuring vignettes from the classic A Charlie Brown Christmas. But that’s not the only reason to take in Christmas at Gaylord Palms.
Every night the resort’s St. Augustine Atrium lights up with a A Christmas Wish, a six-minute tree lighting ceremony combining narration, classic holiday music, and dazzling visual effects. This free show takes place 4 times a night Sunday through Thursday, and 3 times nightly Friday and Saturday.
Cirque Dreams Unwrapped is also performed several times daily. This 25-minute show features a revolving cast of acrobats, aerialists, jugglers, and more. Free seats are first come, first served, but you can purchase VIP seating for $14.99 – $17.99 adults & seniors, $10.99 – $12.99 children.
Over at the Alpine Village, you’ll not only find ICE! but several other fun holiday activities.
Alpine Rush Snow Tubing features eight snowy lanes to slide down on inner tubes with real snow. Double riding tubes are available for parents with small children. After 6pm,, the snow tubing goes Cosmic featuring flashing LED lights and high-spirited holiday music. Cost is $19.99 per person and included unlimited runs for that day.
The Elf on the Shelf Scavenger Hunt sends families around the resort, and those who finish get a prize. Cost is $9.99 per person.
New for 2016 is the Mrs. Claus Christmas Traditions and Story Time Sing-a-long, a 30-minute show that includes milk and cookies. Cost is $14.99 per person.
Choose either a delectable holiday-themed gingerbread cookie kit ($22.99), or a complete gingerbread house ($29.99) at the Gingerbread Decorating Corner. There is also a photo op with the Gingerbread Man.
And what holiday celebration would be complete without Photos with Santa. There is no sitting fee, and photo packages start at $34.99.
There are even opportunities for photo ops with Charlie Brown, Lucy, and Snoopy in the Alpine Village.
For tickets or information on packages including rooms, visit christmasatgaylordpalms.com.
Disclaimer: I got to experience Christmas at Gaylord Palms during a media event. As always, my opinions are my own, and honest.
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers and Their Monster Trucks on January 19 For Free - January 18, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Billy Crystal Feb 1 - January 16, 2017
- Out and About: Wicked Casts Its Magic Over the Dr Phillips Center - January 13, 2017
- Praise Wave Christian Music Fest Returns to SeaWorld Orlando January 2017 - January 12, 2017
- U2: The Joshua Tree Tour Hits Florida for Two Shows Summer 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Florida Georgia Line to Play Amway Center January 28 - January 9, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Elayne Boosler March 8 - January 8, 2017
- Billy Joel to Rock Amway Center in Orlando January 27 - January 7, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up January 6 2017: The Meatball Stoppe, Culver’s, PB&G at Four Seasons - January 6, 2017
- Wicked Returns to Dr Phillips Center Jan 11-29 - January 5, 2017