Christmas at Gaylord Palms is a great time to visit the resort, with several shows and attractions that will make you feel like it’s the holidays.
Yesterday, I told you all about this year’s ICE! attraction, featuring vignettes from the classic A Charlie Brown Christmas. But that’s not the only reason to take in Christmas at Gaylord Palms.
Every night the resort’s St. Augustine Atrium lights up with a A Christmas Wish, a six-minute tree lighting ceremony combining narration, classic holiday music, and dazzling visual effects. This free show takes place 4 times a night Sunday through Thursday, and 3 times nightly Friday and Saturday.
Cirque Dreams Unwrapped is also performed several times daily. This 25-minute show features a revolving cast of acrobats, aerialists, jugglers, and more. Free seats are first come, first served, but you can purchase VIP seating for $14.99 – $17.99 adults & seniors, $10.99 – $12.99 children.
Over at the Alpine Village, you’ll not only find ICE! but several other fun holiday activities.
Alpine Rush Snow Tubing features eight snowy lanes to slide down on inner tubes with real snow. Double riding tubes are available for parents with small children. After 6pm,, the snow tubing goes Cosmic featuring flashing LED lights and high-spirited holiday music. Cost is $19.99 per person and included unlimited runs for that day.
The Elf on the Shelf Scavenger Hunt sends families around the resort, and those who finish get a prize. Cost is $9.99 per person.
New for 2016 is the Mrs. Claus Christmas Traditions and Story Time Sing-a-long, a 30-minute show that includes milk and cookies. Cost is $14.99 per person.
Choose either a delectable holiday-themed gingerbread cookie kit ($22.99), or a complete gingerbread house ($29.99) at the Gingerbread Decorating Corner. There is also a photo op with the Gingerbread Man.
And what holiday celebration would be complete without Photos with Santa. There is no sitting fee, and photo packages start at $34.99.
There are even opportunities for photo ops with Charlie Brown, Lucy, and Snoopy in the Alpine Village.
For tickets or information on packages including rooms, visit christmasatgaylordpalms.com.
Disclaimer: I got to experience Christmas at Gaylord Palms during a media event. As always, my opinions are my own, and honest.
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Science Night Live! Craft Beer Edition June 3, 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Out and About: Nine Spices Serves Up Delicious Hotpot Near Universal Orlando - May 23, 2017
- LEGOLAND Florida to Offer $99 Annual Awesomer Pass Sale May 26-29, 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up May 21, 2017: Portobello, The Halal Guys, Tijuana Flats - May 21, 2017
- The Shining is Coming to Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 27 - May 20, 2017
- Sesame Street Land is Coming to SeaWorld Orlando By Fall 2022 - May 19, 2017
- Ace Cafe Orlando Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 19-21, 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns To Amaze And Entertain May 16-29, 2017 - May 14, 2017
- Orlando Thanks Visitors in a Guinness World Records Way for Making it No. 1 Destination in U.S. #OrlandosBIGThankYou - May 13, 2017
- Orange County Library System Spring Book Sale Takes Place May 18-21, 2017 - May 11, 2017