Ms. Wheelchair USA is a national competition that focuses on the empowerment of women with disabilities by allowing them to demonstrate their personal glamour, achievements, and dedication to community service.
This summer, Sanford resident Sylvia Longmire was crowned Ms. Wheelchair USA 2016. She was chosen from among fourteen state and regional finalists who competed for the title on the basis of personal interviews, a platform statement, and formal wear presentation.
Ms. Longmire has lived with multiple sclerosis (MS) for over 11 years, and is the founder of the PreJax Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit that provides scholarships for students with lives affected by MS.
“I started a scholarship program because I was inspired by the sacrifices my own kids have had to make, and I want to see others like them have their burdens lifted if only for a short while. Ms. Wheelchair USA can help me accomplish this.”
She is also a service-disabled veteran, consultant, author, and subject matter expert on Mexico’s drug war and border security issues.
About her win, Ms. Longmire says she is thrilled to represent Latina women, veterans, and entrepreneurs, in addition to Central Florida and the South.
More information about the pageant can be found at mswheelchairusa.org.
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Offering Tito’s Vodka Bottle Engravings June 30-July 2 - June 25, 2017
- Holler and Dash to Host Biscuits and Brews Evening Event on June 29 - June 24, 2017
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017