This Saturday, Oct. 15, McDonald’s Restaurants nationwide will celebrate Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Global Day of Change.
The October 15 Day of Change commemorates the opening of the first Ronald McDonald House in 1974 and encourages customers to donate their change at RMHC Donation Boxes located in McDonald’s restaurants around the world.
In 2015, McDonald’s customers have donated more than $52 million in spare charge to RMHC through donation boxes. 75% of the funds from the donation boxes are returned to the local community through each local RMHC chapter, and 25% is reinvested in supporting the Donation Box program.
Locally, McDonald’s of Central Florida will celebrate their 20-year partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Florida and encourage customers to donate spare change to support the charity organization.
In Central Florida, more than 23,000 families have been assisted by RMHC by providing them with a home away from home as their children are treated at hospitals and medical facilities in Orlando. The organization provides care and comfort to 59 families each night through the help of more than 200 generous volunteers and various donations from members across the community. The program asks families for a $20 per night donation, however no family is turned away for their inability to pay.
The charity has locations at Florida Hospital for Children, Arnold Palmer Medical Center and a new, state-of-the-art facility at Nemours Children’s Hospital which opened in August.
Throughout the year, you can find RMHC Donation Boxes on the front counter and drive- thrus at participating McDonald’s restaurants, where you can contribute directly to RMHC every time you visit. No donation is too small, and every contribution helps RMHC keep families close to the care and resources their sick child needs.
If each McDonald’s restaurant collected the equivalent of just 25-cents more per day, RMHC could keep families close for almost 38,000 more nights at a Ronald McDonald House.
Help keep families close to the care they need. Look for the RMHC Donation Boxes at your local McDonald’s restaurant. For more information, visit rmhc.org.
- Out and About: Christmas Comes to Gaylord Palms - November 21, 2017
- Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando November 23-26, 2017 - November 19, 2017
- The Status of CitySurfingOrlando.com - November 15, 2017
- The Phantom Returns in Love Never Dies at Dr Phillips Center Nov 21-26, 2017 - November 14, 2017
- Festival Of Trees Kickstarts The Holidays At Orlando Museum Of Art Nov 11-19, 2017 - November 10, 2017
- Out and About: The Glass Knife Debuts in Winter Park - November 9, 2017
- Out and About: Fresh Kitchen Opens in Waterford Lakes - November 3, 2017
- Central Florida Foodie Events for November 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017