This Saturday, Oct. 15, McDonald’s Restaurants nationwide will celebrate Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Global Day of Change.
The October 15 Day of Change commemorates the opening of the first Ronald McDonald House in 1974 and encourages customers to donate their change at RMHC Donation Boxes located in McDonald’s restaurants around the world.
In 2015, McDonald’s customers have donated more than $52 million in spare charge to RMHC through donation boxes. 75% of the funds from the donation boxes are returned to the local community through each local RMHC chapter, and 25% is reinvested in supporting the Donation Box program.
Locally, McDonald’s of Central Florida will celebrate their 20-year partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Florida and encourage customers to donate spare change to support the charity organization.
In Central Florida, more than 23,000 families have been assisted by RMHC by providing them with a home away from home as their children are treated at hospitals and medical facilities in Orlando. The organization provides care and comfort to 59 families each night through the help of more than 200 generous volunteers and various donations from members across the community. The program asks families for a $20 per night donation, however no family is turned away for their inability to pay.
The charity has locations at Florida Hospital for Children, Arnold Palmer Medical Center and a new, state-of-the-art facility at Nemours Children’s Hospital which opened in August.
Throughout the year, you can find RMHC Donation Boxes on the front counter and drive- thrus at participating McDonald’s restaurants, where you can contribute directly to RMHC every time you visit. No donation is too small, and every contribution helps RMHC keep families close to the care and resources their sick child needs.
If each McDonald’s restaurant collected the equivalent of just 25-cents more per day, RMHC could keep families close for almost 38,000 more nights at a Ronald McDonald House.
Help keep families close to the care they need. Look for the RMHC Donation Boxes at your local McDonald’s restaurant. For more information, visit rmhc.org.
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017