This Saturday, Oct. 15, McDonald’s Restaurants nationwide will celebrate Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Global Day of Change.
The October 15 Day of Change commemorates the opening of the first Ronald McDonald House in 1974 and encourages customers to donate their change at RMHC Donation Boxes located in McDonald’s restaurants around the world.
In 2015, McDonald’s customers have donated more than $52 million in spare charge to RMHC through donation boxes. 75% of the funds from the donation boxes are returned to the local community through each local RMHC chapter, and 25% is reinvested in supporting the Donation Box program.
Locally, McDonald’s of Central Florida will celebrate their 20-year partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Florida and encourage customers to donate spare change to support the charity organization.
In Central Florida, more than 23,000 families have been assisted by RMHC by providing them with a home away from home as their children are treated at hospitals and medical facilities in Orlando. The organization provides care and comfort to 59 families each night through the help of more than 200 generous volunteers and various donations from members across the community. The program asks families for a $20 per night donation, however no family is turned away for their inability to pay.
The charity has locations at Florida Hospital for Children, Arnold Palmer Medical Center and a new, state-of-the-art facility at Nemours Children’s Hospital which opened in August.
Throughout the year, you can find RMHC Donation Boxes on the front counter and drive- thrus at participating McDonald’s restaurants, where you can contribute directly to RMHC every time you visit. No donation is too small, and every contribution helps RMHC keep families close to the care and resources their sick child needs.
If each McDonald’s restaurant collected the equivalent of just 25-cents more per day, RMHC could keep families close for almost 38,000 more nights at a Ronald McDonald House.
Help keep families close to the care they need. Look for the RMHC Donation Boxes at your local McDonald’s restaurant. For more information, visit rmhc.org.
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017
- 139th Silver Spurs Rodeo Teams with Free School’s Out Blow Out June 2-3, 2017 - May 26, 2017