On November 5, 2016, the Orlando Science Center will host its 10th and final Neanderthal Ball, the venue’s annual fundraiser.
This year’s theme is “Celebrate Our Evolution,” and guests are invited to celebrate 10 years of Neanderthal Ball and what it has helped achieve for Orlando Science Center.
The prehistoric-themed event, located in the Science Center’s DinoDigs exhibit, includes a night of dancing, dining, and a silent auction, which will feature over 75 unique packages to bid on.
During the event, guests will dance the evening away with live music from the local band Running with Scissors. They will also enjoy gourmet creations from Puff ‘N Stuff Event Catering, with drinks provided by Tito’s Vodka, a wine bar, and craft beer from Orlando Brewing Company.
The auction includes offerings from the Arnold Palmer Invitational, the Kennedy Space Center, unique experiences, and local restaurant packages. A diamond necklace and earring suite from Mayor’s Jewelers—valued at $5,000—is also set to be raffled off.
To get everyone in the spirit, guests are encouraged to showcase pops of print or wild animal patterns. Harriet Lake, one of Central Florida’s leading philanthropists, sponsors the Caveman Couture Contest with prizes awarded to those with the most chic “caveman couture.”
Tickets are $150 per person. OSC members can get tickets for $125. The event runs from 7pm to 10pm.
Proceeds from Neanderthal Ball will help fund educational programs at Orlando Science Center, plus support opportunities for youth and families to experience the Science Center regardless of income or educational background.
Visit osc.org/neanderthal for tickets or more info.
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017