The week of October 24-31, five Orlando-area restaurants are partnering together to help raise funds for those impacted by the Louisiana floods in the Baton Rouge area.
It’s part of an initative called Project 001. Louisiana, launched by Good Through Food, a new Orlando-based organization that strives to impact the world through food-related efforts.
The participating restaurants have created Lousiana-inspired dishes for the project, with a portion of the sales of these items being donated to Baton Rouge Area Foundation. This Louisiana-based charity works to assist those who were affected by the floods.
Here are the restaurants, and their Project 001 dishes:
Black Rooster Taqueria: NOLA Pork Belly Taco
Collette’s Clean Eats: Shrimp, Crab & Andouille Sausage Gumbo
P is for Pie: P is for Pecan Caramel Hand Pie + Coffee
Tapa Toro: Churro Bread Pudding
Taverna Opa: Loukoumades (Greek Beignets)
Good Through Food is the brainchild of Chauniqua Major, who is Founder and Culinary Connector. She decided to form the organization after witnessing the devastation of the floods.
“I believe food is the greater connector—it causes cultures to cross, memories to be made and happiness manifest,” stated Major. “After relying heavily on Facebook Live to obtain information and view heart-wrenching videos about the impact of the floods due to the lack of TV, I knew I was called to help, and I thought doing so through food would be amazing.”
Guests are asked to share their dishes on Instagram using the hashtag #GoodThroughFood to help spread the word.
For more information, visit GoodThroughFood.com.
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017