The week of October 24-31, five Orlando-area restaurants are partnering together to help raise funds for those impacted by the Louisiana floods in the Baton Rouge area.
It’s part of an initative called Project 001. Louisiana, launched by Good Through Food, a new Orlando-based organization that strives to impact the world through food-related efforts.
The participating restaurants have created Lousiana-inspired dishes for the project, with a portion of the sales of these items being donated to Baton Rouge Area Foundation. This Louisiana-based charity works to assist those who were affected by the floods.
Here are the restaurants, and their Project 001 dishes:
Black Rooster Taqueria: NOLA Pork Belly Taco
Collette’s Clean Eats: Shrimp, Crab & Andouille Sausage Gumbo
P is for Pie: P is for Pecan Caramel Hand Pie + Coffee
Tapa Toro: Churro Bread Pudding
Taverna Opa: Loukoumades (Greek Beignets)
Good Through Food is the brainchild of Chauniqua Major, who is Founder and Culinary Connector. She decided to form the organization after witnessing the devastation of the floods.
“I believe food is the greater connector—it causes cultures to cross, memories to be made and happiness manifest,” stated Major. “After relying heavily on Facebook Live to obtain information and view heart-wrenching videos about the impact of the floods due to the lack of TV, I knew I was called to help, and I thought doing so through food would be amazing.”
Guests are asked to share their dishes on Instagram using the hashtag #GoodThroughFood to help spread the word.
For more information, visit GoodThroughFood.com.
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Science Night Live! Craft Beer Edition June 3, 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Out and About: Nine Spices Serves Up Delicious Hotpot Near Universal Orlando - May 23, 2017
- LEGOLAND Florida to Offer $99 Annual Awesomer Pass Sale May 26-29, 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up May 21, 2017: Portobello, The Halal Guys, Tijuana Flats - May 21, 2017
- The Shining is Coming to Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 27 - May 20, 2017
- Sesame Street Land is Coming to SeaWorld Orlando By Fall 2022 - May 19, 2017
- Ace Cafe Orlando Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 19-21, 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns To Amaze And Entertain May 16-29, 2017 - May 14, 2017
- Orlando Thanks Visitors in a Guinness World Records Way for Making it No. 1 Destination in U.S. #OrlandosBIGThankYou - May 13, 2017
- Orange County Library System Spring Book Sale Takes Place May 18-21, 2017 - May 11, 2017