The week of October 24-31, five Orlando-area restaurants are partnering together to help raise funds for those impacted by the Louisiana floods in the Baton Rouge area.
It’s part of an initative called Project 001. Louisiana, launched by Good Through Food, a new Orlando-based organization that strives to impact the world through food-related efforts.
The participating restaurants have created Lousiana-inspired dishes for the project, with a portion of the sales of these items being donated to Baton Rouge Area Foundation. This Louisiana-based charity works to assist those who were affected by the floods.
Here are the restaurants, and their Project 001 dishes:
Black Rooster Taqueria: NOLA Pork Belly Taco
Collette’s Clean Eats: Shrimp, Crab & Andouille Sausage Gumbo
P is for Pie: P is for Pecan Caramel Hand Pie + Coffee
Tapa Toro: Churro Bread Pudding
Taverna Opa: Loukoumades (Greek Beignets)
Good Through Food is the brainchild of Chauniqua Major, who is Founder and Culinary Connector. She decided to form the organization after witnessing the devastation of the floods.
“I believe food is the greater connector—it causes cultures to cross, memories to be made and happiness manifest,” stated Major. “After relying heavily on Facebook Live to obtain information and view heart-wrenching videos about the impact of the floods due to the lack of TV, I knew I was called to help, and I thought doing so through food would be amazing.”
Guests are asked to share their dishes on Instagram using the hashtag #GoodThroughFood to help spread the word.
For more information, visit GoodThroughFood.com.
- Dancers Julianne and Derek Hough Bring 2017 Tour to Dr Phillips Center May 16 - April 26, 2017
- Wild Florida Launches First Annual Gator Week May 2017 - April 24, 2017
- Rock & Brews Opens Second Central Florida Location in Orlando April 24 - April 21, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Eddie Money April 27 - April 20, 2017
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Hosts Jake’s Beer Dinner April 28 - April 19, 2017
- Out and About: Create Your Nature Offers Healthy Delicious Food in Winter Park #getyourbowlon - April 18, 2017
- Six Orlando Restaurants to be Featured on Upcoming ‘Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives’ Episodes - April 17, 2017
- Walt Disney World Announces Dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - April 16, 2017
- Planet Fitness Offers Free HydroMassage to Soothe Tax Day Stress April 15-22, 2017 - April 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando to Open Infinity Falls in Summer 2018 - April 14, 2017