The week of October 24-31, five Orlando-area restaurants are partnering together to help raise funds for those impacted by the Louisiana floods in the Baton Rouge area.
It’s part of an initative called Project 001. Louisiana, launched by Good Through Food, a new Orlando-based organization that strives to impact the world through food-related efforts.
The participating restaurants have created Lousiana-inspired dishes for the project, with a portion of the sales of these items being donated to Baton Rouge Area Foundation. This Louisiana-based charity works to assist those who were affected by the floods.
Here are the restaurants, and their Project 001 dishes:
Black Rooster Taqueria: NOLA Pork Belly Taco
Collette’s Clean Eats: Shrimp, Crab & Andouille Sausage Gumbo
P is for Pie: P is for Pecan Caramel Hand Pie + Coffee
Tapa Toro: Churro Bread Pudding
Taverna Opa: Loukoumades (Greek Beignets)
Good Through Food is the brainchild of Chauniqua Major, who is Founder and Culinary Connector. She decided to form the organization after witnessing the devastation of the floods.
“I believe food is the greater connector—it causes cultures to cross, memories to be made and happiness manifest,” stated Major. “After relying heavily on Facebook Live to obtain information and view heart-wrenching videos about the impact of the floods due to the lack of TV, I knew I was called to help, and I thought doing so through food would be amazing.”
Guests are asked to share their dishes on Instagram using the hashtag #GoodThroughFood to help spread the word.
For more information, visit GoodThroughFood.com.
- Holy Land Experience Offers Free Admission Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - October 23, 2017
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017