This weekend, Special Olympics Florida will host its State Golf Championship at Walt Disney World famed courses.
The tournament will take place at Disney’s Palm, Magnolia, and Oak Trail Golf Courses on September 9 and 10. All events are open to the public and free to attend.
During the two days, 272 athletes from across Florida will compete in five levels of play: Individual Skills Competition; Unified Alternate Shot 9 and 18-Holes; and Individual Play 9 and 18-Holes.
Special Olympics Florida provides year-round sports training and competition to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, at no cost to the athletes or their caregivers, as a means to achieve physical fitness, self-esteem, socialization skills, and the life skills necessary to be productive, respected, and contributing members of their communities.
For more information, and a schedule of events, visit specialolympicsflorida.org.
- Gaylord Palms Resort Makes “Kiss-Story” By Breaking GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS Title - December 16, 2017
- LEGOland Florida Offers VIP Experience During the Holidays - December 15, 2017
- Visit Orlando Announces Orlando’s Signature Dish - December 14, 2017
- 2017 Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Crowned by Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando - December 13, 2017
- Skydiving Santas Return to Cocoa Beach Pier December 16, 2017 - December 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Releases Details on the Disney Skyliner System Stations - December 11, 2017
- MetroWest Hosts Free WinterFest Dec 9, 2017 - December 7, 2017
- Marvel Character Dinner Coming to Universal Orlando in December 2017 - December 6, 2017
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Orlando Hosts Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Contest Dec 9, 2017 - December 5, 2017
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream ‘Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!’ From Disney’s Hollywood Studios Dec 4, 2017 - December 4, 2017