This weekend, Special Olympics Florida will host its State Golf Championship at Walt Disney World famed courses.
The tournament will take place at Disney’s Palm, Magnolia, and Oak Trail Golf Courses on September 9 and 10. All events are open to the public and free to attend.
During the two days, 272 athletes from across Florida will compete in five levels of play: Individual Skills Competition; Unified Alternate Shot 9 and 18-Holes; and Individual Play 9 and 18-Holes.
Special Olympics Florida provides year-round sports training and competition to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, at no cost to the athletes or their caregivers, as a means to achieve physical fitness, self-esteem, socialization skills, and the life skills necessary to be productive, respected, and contributing members of their communities.
For more information, and a schedule of events, visit specialolympicsflorida.org.
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017