Science Night Live returns to the Orlando Science Center on Saturday, September 17, for the last time in 2016. This edition is all about Outer Space.
Reserved strictly for adults 21 and up, Science Night Live allows guests to experience grown-up inspired programming, as well as food and adult beverages for purchase.
This month, NASA fans can enjoy two guest speakers. Shuttle commander and three-time spaceflight veteran Andrew M. Allen will present “Journey to Mars: An Astronaut’s Perspective.” In this can’t miss presentation, attendees will hear what a manned flight to Mars may be like from Allen’s unique perspective as someone who has logged more than 900 hours in space.
Then meet Dr. Humberto Campins and discover the latest news on NASA’s OSIRIS-REx Asteroid Sample Return Mission in the Our Planet exhibit before hearing his formal presentation on the revolutionary study
Additional space-themed programming includes Exploration in Space exhibitors from the NASA Center for Life Cycle Design, Kennedy Space Center, the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation, Jacob Aerospace & Defense Contractor, NASA Solar System Ambassador, University of Central Florida’s College of Science, Indie Galactic Space Jam and more.
New to Science Night Live is the SubWAVE Silent Disco! Dance the night away with wireless headphones tuned in to a music channel of your choice. You can also dance with the dinos during a live DJ dance party in DinoDigs.
Guests can also explore all four floors of exhibits, including NatureWorks, Engineer It!, Our Planet, and DinoDigs, and Kinetic Zone — Science in Motion. Food and adult beverages available for purchase courtesy of Hard Rock Café.
Experience Science Night Live at the special evening rate of $15.95. Parking is free in the Science Center parking garage. Members enjoy Science Night Live at no charge. Dress code is casual attire.
For more information, call 407.514.2000 or visit osc.org/snl.
- Artlando Takes Over Loch Haven Park in Orlando Sept 30 - September 24, 2017
- Meet Stars of Sci-Fi/Horror/Comics at MegaCon Tampa Bay Sept 29-Oct 1 - September 23, 2017
- $10 Day Returns To Orlando Science Center On Sept 24, 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Disney to Live Stream Mickey’s Boo To You Parade from Magic Kingdom Sept 22 - September 21, 2017
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Month to Oct 12 Due to Hurricane Irma - September 20, 2017
- Willie Nelson and Family to Play Dr Phillips Center October 15, 2017 - September 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Presents Spooky Day in the Parks Sept 22-24, 2017 - September 17, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Extreme Sept 21, 2017 - September 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Offering BOGO Tickets Through September 17, 2017 - September 13, 2017
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Presents Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert at Dr Phillips Center October 8, 2017 - September 12, 2017