Science Night Live returns to the Orlando Science Center on Saturday, September 17, for the last time in 2016. This edition is all about Outer Space.
Reserved strictly for adults 21 and up, Science Night Live allows guests to experience grown-up inspired programming, as well as food and adult beverages for purchase.
This month, NASA fans can enjoy two guest speakers. Shuttle commander and three-time spaceflight veteran Andrew M. Allen will present “Journey to Mars: An Astronaut’s Perspective.” In this can’t miss presentation, attendees will hear what a manned flight to Mars may be like from Allen’s unique perspective as someone who has logged more than 900 hours in space.
Then meet Dr. Humberto Campins and discover the latest news on NASA’s OSIRIS-REx Asteroid Sample Return Mission in the Our Planet exhibit before hearing his formal presentation on the revolutionary study
Additional space-themed programming includes Exploration in Space exhibitors from the NASA Center for Life Cycle Design, Kennedy Space Center, the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation, Jacob Aerospace & Defense Contractor, NASA Solar System Ambassador, University of Central Florida’s College of Science, Indie Galactic Space Jam and more.
New to Science Night Live is the SubWAVE Silent Disco! Dance the night away with wireless headphones tuned in to a music channel of your choice. You can also dance with the dinos during a live DJ dance party in DinoDigs.
Guests can also explore all four floors of exhibits, including NatureWorks, Engineer It!, Our Planet, and DinoDigs, and Kinetic Zone — Science in Motion. Food and adult beverages available for purchase courtesy of Hard Rock Café.
Experience Science Night Live at the special evening rate of $15.95. Parking is free in the Science Center parking garage. Members enjoy Science Night Live at no charge. Dress code is casual attire.
For more information, call 407.514.2000 or visit osc.org/snl.
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017