“Follow Your Heart” is the name of this year’s Disney On Ice tour, and it was very well put together, plus a lot of fun for the family.
It’s not a Disney show without the core characters of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy, and they not only started the show, but appeared in other portions as well.
The first half of the production was shown through the eyes of Riley, the girl from the movie Inside Out. All five emotions from the movie were there, and then we delved into her memories of the Disney stories we all know and love.
Snow White, Mulan, Ariel, Cinderella, Tiana, Rapunzel, Belle, Merida, and their leading men, were all represented. The Toy Story folks were all here too, as were Nemo, Dory, Marlin, Hank, and others from this summer’s hit Finding Dory.
Most of these appearances were only a couple minutes, then it was on to the next vignette.
Ariel was in the air this year as we went Under the Sea with her, and Rapunzel became airborne on silks as she flew around. Both of these additions were enjoyed by everyone around us. I liked these segments, as it gave some added dimension to the show that mostly takes place on the ice.
After an intermission, the second half featured characters and stories from Frozen. Anna, Elsa, Olaf, and Kristoff were all back to discuss what snow does in summer, and how to end the blizzard. Hans has also returned to take over or destroy the kingdom of Arendel. We know how the story goes, but it had kids dancing in their rows, and the whole audience singing along with the soundtrack.
The entire show runs about 2 hrs and 15 mins. Even though our kids are getting older, they continue to enjoy seeing this show. It really is a fun family experience for Disney fans of all ages. Plus the little kids in their costumes were so cute to see.
I also have to commend the staff at the Amway Center who went above and beyond in assisting us with seats so we could all sit together with my husband who is in a ECV. They made the show even more enjoyable for us.
I highly recommend taking the family to see Disney on Ice “Follow Your Heart” if it comes to your city! For more information, visit disneyonice.com.
Disclaimer: CitySurfing Orlando was given tickets for giveaway and for review. As always, my opinions are honest and my own. Thanks to Feld Entertainment for the opportunity.
- Out and About: Duck Donuts Now Serving Up Made to Order Deliciousness in Kissimmee - June 27, 2017
- Out and About: Zarrella’s Italian & Wood Fired Pizza in Cape Canaveral - June 11, 2017
- Out and About: 139th Silver Spurs Rodeo is Fun for the Whole Family - June 8, 2017
- Out and About: Universal Orlando Celebrates Holidays with Macy’s Parade and Grinchmas - December 27, 2016
- Out and About: Disney on Ice Follow Your Heart is Fun for the Whole Family! - September 5, 2016
- Out and About: House of Pho Opens in Orlando - August 14, 2016
- Out and About: A Dining Review of Pincho Factory in Dr Phillips - April 18, 2016
- Out and About: Silver Spurs Rodeo is Fun for the Family - February 20, 2016
- Out and About: Osceola County Fair is a Fun Family Outing - February 15, 2016
- Out and About: Monster Jam is Exciting Family Fun and It’s Coming to Orlando Jan 23 - January 19, 2016