This week, more than 90 historic buildings and landmarks across the U.S. and Canada will be lit up to support Stand Up For Cancer.
In Central Florida, the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye will be lit red, orange and yellow on Thursday, September 8. Other Florida locations include the Fifth Third Center in Naples, CityPlace Fountain in West Palm Beach, and Miami Tower in Miami.
“We are grateful and honored that these iconic U.S. and Canadian buildings and landmarks are standing with us in the fight against cancer,” said Lisa Paulsen, Stand Up To Cancer co-founder and president and CEO of the Entertainment Industry Foundation. “Illumination of these famous landmarks in conjunction with our telecast shines a spotlight on the importance of cancer research.”
The fifth airing of the Stand Up For Cancer live telecast will take place September 9 at 8-9pm (ET/PT), from The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown Los Angeles.
It will be broadcast via ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, along with American Forces Network, ASPiRE, AUDIENCE Network, Bloomberg TV, Bravo, Comedy Central, Discovery Life, E! Entertainment, EPIX, ESPNEWS, FM, FS2, Fusion, FXM, Great American Country, HBO, HLN, ION Television, LMN, Logo, MLB Network, National Geographic, Pivot, RLTV, SHOWTIME, Smithsonian Channel, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, TBS, Tr3s, VH1 and WGN America commercial-free.
For more information on Stand Up To Cancer, visit standup2cancer.org.
- Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour Kicks Off at Disney Springs March 23-26, 2017 - March 22, 2017
- PBA South Open Rolls Into Orlando’s Boardwalk Bowl March 24-26, 2017 - March 21, 2017
- Comedian Chris Rock Brings Total Blackout Tour to Dr Phillips Center April 16 and 17 - March 20, 2017
- Out and About: Millenia 106 offer New American Classics Loaded with Flavor - March 19, 2017
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with Complimentary Irish Samplings - March 15, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Returns to Orlando’s Amway Center This Week - March 14, 2017
- Out and About: Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs Brings Flavortown to Orlando - March 13, 2017
- Osceola Council on Aging Hosts March for Meals 5K Run & Walk March 18, 2017 - March 12, 2017
- Out and About: Main Event at Pointe Orlando Offers Great Fun and Food for Everyone - March 10, 2017
- Universal Orlando Reveals Story Behind New Volcano Bay Waterpark - March 9, 2017