This week, more than 90 historic buildings and landmarks across the U.S. and Canada will be lit up to support Stand Up For Cancer.
In Central Florida, the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye will be lit red, orange and yellow on Thursday, September 8. Other Florida locations include the Fifth Third Center in Naples, CityPlace Fountain in West Palm Beach, and Miami Tower in Miami.
“We are grateful and honored that these iconic U.S. and Canadian buildings and landmarks are standing with us in the fight against cancer,” said Lisa Paulsen, Stand Up To Cancer co-founder and president and CEO of the Entertainment Industry Foundation. “Illumination of these famous landmarks in conjunction with our telecast shines a spotlight on the importance of cancer research.”
The fifth airing of the Stand Up For Cancer live telecast will take place September 9 at 8-9pm (ET/PT), from The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown Los Angeles.
It will be broadcast via ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, along with American Forces Network, ASPiRE, AUDIENCE Network, Bloomberg TV, Bravo, Comedy Central, Discovery Life, E! Entertainment, EPIX, ESPNEWS, FM, FS2, Fusion, FXM, Great American Country, HBO, HLN, ION Television, LMN, Logo, MLB Network, National Geographic, Pivot, RLTV, SHOWTIME, Smithsonian Channel, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, TBS, Tr3s, VH1 and WGN America commercial-free.
For more information on Stand Up To Cancer, visit standup2cancer.org.
- Out and About: Christmas Comes to Gaylord Palms - November 21, 2017
- Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando November 23-26, 2017 - November 19, 2017
- The Status of CitySurfingOrlando.com - November 15, 2017
- The Phantom Returns in Love Never Dies at Dr Phillips Center Nov 21-26, 2017 - November 14, 2017
- Festival Of Trees Kickstarts The Holidays At Orlando Museum Of Art Nov 11-19, 2017 - November 10, 2017
- Out and About: The Glass Knife Debuts in Winter Park - November 9, 2017
- Out and About: Fresh Kitchen Opens in Waterford Lakes - November 3, 2017
- Central Florida Foodie Events for November 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017