The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will host Sandtastic Weekends for an end of the summer blow-out August 26-28 and September 2-4.
Open to both resort guests and the public, the event will feature activities for all ages, with the highlight being 100 tons of intricately sculpted sand art designed by award-winning world-class sculptors from Team Sandtastic and constructed right on the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort’s private beach.
The event will offer guests a variety of different ways to take part in the action, from watching the masterpieces being created up close to learning the tips and techniques of sand sculpting during a sand sculpting clinic.
Those with a competitive side can take part in amateur sculpting contests or try to stump the professionals by giving suggestions for speed sculpting demonstrations, where a piece is created in just 10 minutes.
The fun will extend beyond the sand sculpting, with plenty of indoor and outdoor food selections featuring creations from the resort’s award-winning food and beverage team, including the resort’s own Phins and Feathers craft beer.
There will also be games on the beach like corn hole and table tennis, a DJ, and to close the day, a campfire, s’mores, and Cinema on the Sand.
As I mentioned above, the event is free, but if you’d like to make it a staycation, rooms during Sandtastic Weekends start at just $168 per night.
To reserve a room or for more information, including a full schedule of events, please visit sandtasticweekends.com.
- Out and About: Christmas Comes to Gaylord Palms - November 21, 2017
- Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando November 23-26, 2017 - November 19, 2017
- The Status of CitySurfingOrlando.com - November 15, 2017
- The Phantom Returns in Love Never Dies at Dr Phillips Center Nov 21-26, 2017 - November 14, 2017
- Festival Of Trees Kickstarts The Holidays At Orlando Museum Of Art Nov 11-19, 2017 - November 10, 2017
- Out and About: The Glass Knife Debuts in Winter Park - November 9, 2017
- Out and About: Fresh Kitchen Opens in Waterford Lakes - November 3, 2017
- Central Florida Foodie Events for November 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017