Have you ever run out of beer during a football bash? Have you ever realized you’re missing an ingredient for your special drink you’re serving at a party? Have you ever thought “Wonder who I can get to go to the liquor store for me?”
Well, thanks to a partnership between Shipt and ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, you can send them to get what you need, and have it delivered to your front door.
I wrote about this service when it started on July 27, but I was also invited to try out Shipt for purposes of a review.
I made my first attempt on the first day alcohol delivery was available, but there were a few glitches in the Shipt app. Honestly, this is to be expected on the first day as everything goes live, so I sent in a list of what happened, and waited.
I tried again on Friday afternoon after getting notified that those glitches were taken care of.
Whipping open the app, I started perusing the various categories to see what was available. The liquor and spirits sections had a good variety of brands and flavors. The beer section, not so much. The craft beer subsection had a few items listed, but none were names I recognized. There was one domestic beer listed between the standard and premium subcategories. So if you wanted to use this for a beer run, you might be disappointed.
The best stocked category was the wines, which had 7 subcategories such as red, white, and rose, each stocked with at least 10 items with a good variety of brands and price points.
It was super easy to place things in the shopping cart, and delete them, too. The cart also keeps a running total, and at check-out, adds on sales tax, and a $7 Shipt delivery fee.
Pros and Cons
I liked that is was very easy to place an order, and most times you could get delivery within an hour or two, though you could also specify a different delivery window, if you wanted.
The selection of wines, spirits, and ready-to-drink items was very good, with a variety of price points. There was even the option to get single-shot and 250ml bottles for some spirits. The prices also seem comparable to buying it in the store.
As I mentioned before, the one area that I found lacking was the beer section. Most of the subsections were empty or had only one or two selections. I was surprised I couldn’t find any hard soda options to order either.
I also had a few glitches with the app changing my address, which led to me almost missing my delivery. I haven’t had the problem since I emailed in my glitch report, so hopefully it has been fixed.
Using Shipt to get your ABC Fine Wine & Spirits selections delivered is a great idea. If you’re using it to order wines and spirits. The app has a great selection, and I love that you can specify the one hour delivery window, in case you don’t want the order to arrive right away.
The only downside I found was the beer/cider/hard soda selection. As it is now, if you need someone to do a beer run, you’ll find a better selection if you go to the store yourself.
There is a fee to become a Shipt member, which is $14 a month or $99 a year. This includes their grocery delivery service with partner Publix, which I will be reviewing in a separate post. There is an additional $7 delivery charge for each alcohol order placed.
But for you, our reader, we have a special offer for you: Get $10 in free groceries and TWO WEEKS FREE to try it out when you sign up for Shipt using this referral link. You’ll also find complete information on Shipt at that link.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Disclaimer: I was offered a trial of the Shipt service along with a credit to try out the new alcohol delivery service. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- Holy Land Experience Offers Free Admission Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - October 23, 2017
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017