With a flourish of flames, Skull Island: Reign of Kong was officially opened at Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando.
Members of the 8th Wonder Expedition Company took to the stage to theatrically announce the attraction was now open to all to experience.
On Skull Island: Reign of Kong, guests are ushered into the attraction, where they are on a mission to discover creatures of unknown origin with that 8th Wonder Expedition Company, the research team leading the excursion. After braving ancient temple ruins and encountering hostile natives, they board a massive 40-foot-long, 17-ton expedition vehicle to navigate the increasingly foreboding terrain.
This specially designed expedition vehicle operates on a completely trackless ride system, and takes guests deeper into the ominous island where they meet the nearly three-story tall Kong.
If you couldn’t make the grand opening of the attraction, no worries. Universal has a video recap for you:
If you’ve had a chance to ride Skull Island: Reign of Kong, tell us what you thought of it in the comments.
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017
- American Idol Auditions Coming to Orlando August 17, 2017 - August 5, 2017
- Save on Back-to-School with Florida Sales Tax Holiday Aug 4-6, 2017 - August 4, 2017
- BaseLine Tap House Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios - August 3, 2017
- Out and About: Margaritaville Resort Orlando Breaks Ground - August 2, 2017