With a flourish of flames, Skull Island: Reign of Kong was officially opened at Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando.
Members of the 8th Wonder Expedition Company took to the stage to theatrically announce the attraction was now open to all to experience.
On Skull Island: Reign of Kong, guests are ushered into the attraction, where they are on a mission to discover creatures of unknown origin with that 8th Wonder Expedition Company, the research team leading the excursion. After braving ancient temple ruins and encountering hostile natives, they board a massive 40-foot-long, 17-ton expedition vehicle to navigate the increasingly foreboding terrain.
This specially designed expedition vehicle operates on a completely trackless ride system, and takes guests deeper into the ominous island where they meet the nearly three-story tall Kong.
If you couldn’t make the grand opening of the attraction, no worries. Universal has a video recap for you:
If you’ve had a chance to ride Skull Island: Reign of Kong, tell us what you thought of it in the comments.
- Holy Land Experience Offers Free Admission Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - October 23, 2017
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017