With a flourish of flames, Skull Island: Reign of Kong was officially opened at Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando.
Members of the 8th Wonder Expedition Company took to the stage to theatrically announce the attraction was now open to all to experience.
On Skull Island: Reign of Kong, guests are ushered into the attraction, where they are on a mission to discover creatures of unknown origin with that 8th Wonder Expedition Company, the research team leading the excursion. After braving ancient temple ruins and encountering hostile natives, they board a massive 40-foot-long, 17-ton expedition vehicle to navigate the increasingly foreboding terrain.
This specially designed expedition vehicle operates on a completely trackless ride system, and takes guests deeper into the ominous island where they meet the nearly three-story tall Kong.
If you couldn’t make the grand opening of the attraction, no worries. Universal has a video recap for you:
If you’ve had a chance to ride Skull Island: Reign of Kong, tell us what you thought of it in the comments.
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup: January 19, 2018: Marlow’s Tavern, The Glass Knife, Brews ‘n’Blues, and More - January 19, 2018
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- Out and About: Otronicon 2018 at the Orlando Science Center Proves STEM is Fun - January 16, 2018
- BIG Something to Play The Social in Orlando on January 17, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT® Returns to Amway Center with Action-Packed Card February 24, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Teams for the Pro Bowl Game in Orlando January 28, 2018 #ProBowlOrlando #ThisIsOrlando - January 14, 2018