Fun Home, the Tony® Award-winning Best Musical, will play a one-night-only benefit concert performance at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts in Orlando on Sunday, July 24, 2016.
Based on Alison Bechdel’s best-selling graphic memoir, Fun Home introduces us to Alison at three different ages, revealing memories of her uniquely dysfunctional family – her mother, brothers and volatile, brilliant, enigmatic father – that connect with her in surprising new ways. You may also know her as one of the women credited with creating the Bechdel Test
This performance will be a concert version of the groundbreaking musical to raise money for Equality Florida and the LGBTQ community of Orlando.
All nine of the show’s onstage company members, including Tony® Award winner Michael Cerveris, four-time Tony® Award nominee Judy Kuhn, 2015 Tony® Award nominees Beth Malone and Emily Skeggs, and Gabriella Pizzolo, Roberta Colindrez, Cole Grey, Zell Steele Morrow, and Joel Perez, along with the show’s Tony® Award-winning creators Lisa Kron (Book & Lyrics), Jeanine Tesori (Music) and Sam Gold (Direction) will be in attendance.
“When Michael (Cerveris) brought this idea to us, we immediately sprang into action,” producers Kristin Caskey, Mike Isaacson and Barbara Whitman said in a statement. “As the first musical with a lesbian protagonist, we so often hear from audience members at Fun Home that it was the first time they saw themselves represented on a Broadway stage. We all feel so helpless, but hopefully this will allow us to give back to the LGBT community in this tiny way.”
Tickets for Fun Home start at $30 and may be purchased online at drphillipscenter.org, by calling 844.513.2014 or by visiting the Dr. Phillips Center Box Office.
Tickets go on sale Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 10am.
Fun Home will play its final performance on Broadway on September 10, 2016, after more than 600 performances. The coast-to-coast North American Tour of Fun Home will launch in Cleveland, OH in October 2016, and play more than 40 cities in its first year, including Chicago, St. Louis, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and many more.
For more information and for updated tour cities, please visit funhomebroadway.com.
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017