To celebrate the opening of the Mako hypercoaster, SeaWorld Orlando has launched the Summer of Mako, a park-wide event.
Throughout the day, guests will have more opportunities to meet SeaWorld’s animals, attend scheduled feedings and talk with animal ambassadors, educators and experts. Guests can also participate in a park-wide, text message-based scavenger hunt called Mako Challenge, and for every completed challenge, SeaWorld will donate $1 to the SeaWorld Busch Gardens Conservation Fund on their behalf.
The park is also offering several limited-time, Mako-inspired and SeaWorld-exclusive products including a honey vanilla mako shark cookie; a SeaWorld exclusive Coca-Cola Freestyle mix called Mako Blast; a specialty alcoholic beverage only available at Shark’s Underwater Grill; and Mako American Red Ale, a SeaWorld exclusive brew available in several locations around SeaWorld.
Also now open is the all-new Shark Touch Pool where guests who have ever dreamed of touching a shark will have the opportunity to do so this summer at SeaWorld Orlando. The Relaxation Station located near Wild Arctic will be home to this brand-new educational experience where guests will have the chance to learn about and interact with brownbanded bamboo sharks, whitespotted bamboo sharks and epaulette sharks.
As the sun sets each evening, fan favorite Shamu’s Celebration: Light up the Night returns June 18 with a fireworks finale.
The park is offering a $99 ticket that includes admission to both SeaWorld and Aquatica Water Park, which kicks off its own summer celebration, Island Nights presented by Coca-Cola, on July 8. Florida residents can purchase an annual pass to both parks and pay just $16/month.
For more information, or to purchase tickets and passes, visit seaworldorlando.com.
[Photos courtesy SeaWorld Orlando]
- Out and About: Christmas Comes to Gaylord Palms - November 21, 2017
- Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando November 23-26, 2017 - November 19, 2017
- The Status of CitySurfingOrlando.com - November 15, 2017
- The Phantom Returns in Love Never Dies at Dr Phillips Center Nov 21-26, 2017 - November 14, 2017
- Festival Of Trees Kickstarts The Holidays At Orlando Museum Of Art Nov 11-19, 2017 - November 10, 2017
- Out and About: The Glass Knife Debuts in Winter Park - November 9, 2017
- Out and About: Fresh Kitchen Opens in Waterford Lakes - November 3, 2017
- Central Florida Foodie Events for November 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017